Cnc performance head

wan37

Local time
2:42 PM
Okay I got a cnc performance round head. My hang up is the squish is to tight.I check to make sure the piston is not hitting the plug or head. So it’s very hard to turn over with plug in. What’s the best thing to do? Another base gasket?

Okay I got a cnc performance round head. My hang up is the squish is to tight.I check to make sure the piston is not hitting the plug or head. So it’s very hard to turn over with plug in. What’s the best thing to do? Another base gasket?
Sounds like you have higher compression. If there are no marks on the piston, you're probably good. Tape a piece of solder across the piston and turn it over and then measure the thickness of the solder.

You can do that with the plug out.
i did that a couple weeks ago but i cant remember center of piston was 6 or 7 and the outside was the other 6 or 7 it should be closer to 10 I thought too.I was wondering as for long term use the best thing would be another base gasket? I also heard 2 head gaskets but im not in favor of that. I also think they make thicker head gaskets in the cooper or aluminium but dont know where to get them? Thanks chainlube.

i did that a couple weeks ago but i cant remember center of piston was 6 or 7 and the outside was the other 6 or 7 it should be closer to 10 I thought too.I was wondering as for long term use the best thing would be another base gasket? I also heard 2 head gaskets but im not in favor of that. I also think they make thicker head gaskets in the cooper or aluminium but dont know where to get them? Thanks chainlube.
buy the bgf 8mm gaskets if you want a lot of gasket. They are 8mm thick.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Thanks guys big help! I'm doing this stuff to my engine and don't why.lol. My state and city is so messed up 20mph city and state law for these. I also have to apply for a permit through the city onces approved they inspect bike then after that sh** they sticker your bike. Fee is twenty dollars every year. This is all because you don't need to have a valid driver license. This crap is all because druggies are delivering with theses bikes. I don't believe that crap tho. City just wants more money.

buy the bgf 8mm gaskets if you want a lot of gasket. They are 8mm thick.

I think they mean for 8mm studs. 8mm thick would be like 3 inches.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Another trick is to remove your head, put a thin sheet of modeling clay on the piston (don't touch cylinder walls with it) put the head back on, no gasket, and then turn it over slowly. Remove the head and check the clay for any marks made by the plug. If the clay is very thin where the plug is, then when you put the gasket on, it will be fine.

I think they mean for 8mm studs. 8mm thick would be like 3 inches.
No i bought them, they are 8mm ( mm not cm) thick. Lol. Ik ik weird, but true. It has a leather spacer between the copper, but they work.

I'll snap a few pic of one after work. Got a while though. I haven't clocked in yet. You can even make a .5mm gasket from them if you pull them apart.

Back