Carby CNS Carbs (& plugs not firing): Need info...HELP

The other thing I wanted to add was that the bike "turned over" w/ only 30-40 feet of peddling on a straightaway.
My old 'Fyling Horse' model required a decline on first start and about half the time thereafter.
Should that be a factor I should add into the equation?
Also, I am thinking I should check and make sure I am hearing the STEADY swoosh-pop, swosh-pop of the piston oscillating as I pedal, without engaging the clutch, so that I may be sure that the clutch adjustment I made is functioning at it's fullest capacity.
I didn't listen for jack :poop:. Just tried her out after the adjustment and was elated at hearing her purr.
What the f did I just say?!
How can one not have the clutch engaged and have the piston oscillate?!
D@m^ed frosty barley pop:mad:.
Yet I still love you, frosty barley pop
Ah ha(!), frosty barley pop to the rescue(!):
To satisfy my personal curisoty's snake I will disengage the magneto's magnet, since I had soldered the wires a bit back, or I will simply desolder them, pedal and listen.
I'm pretty sure I will hear it steadly oscillating with the familarity of my old flying horse. Just want the gratification of verification.
MoPsy, I have always held you as anywhere between a minimum of a high level amatuer to a mid level expert, based upon the posts I have read within which you have responded to.
Although on my second build, I am still (obviously) a complete novice on this topic.
Yes, I could pm you this but I want others to know it.
You have tried to help on this dragon d@mned engine for awhile and I want to offer you something in return. Irregardless if your advice (which someone I consider an expert in the highest degree has p-m-ed me as being, within a high probablity rate, as sound and solid) isn't the exact problem.
I state this publicy:
Pick one of my 2 favorite specialities, you have helped so many and conserved the time of those who are working on other members problems:
1.) egyptain pymarids
2.) twin towers (9-11)
Your selection will be the theme, if you pm me color schemes to match your bike that will be done.
Pm personal intrests, and if they are any I am familiar with, they too will be implemented within the scheme.
This will be a painted gas tank, clutch cover, magneto cover, or whatever the f the cover that houses the clutch arm is called(d@Amned barley pop). Pick one.
I haven't done jack:001_9898: with my spraypaint art in 5 years ( artist block/ depression block?, whatever). I feel like doing something nice for someone who has shown me at least, and considering this is the internet, at the bare minimum, an exterior level of worthiness.
All I ask in return (as the bare minimum) is that you flame the h3ll out of me if [not that it will happen] if I don't deliver.
At the maximum I ask that if you like the art to pay the minimum going rate for the hardware I purchased (i.e. gas tank or cover) at whatever site you find it lowest (although I will buy your selection from Pirate- I like to stick to what has shown itself to me to work) . The paint and art is on me. Or rather, on "US" as you had already definately paid it for by your time and efforts on the behalf of all of us here and since I'm a gimp w/ combustion engines this will also allow me to repay the community what I owe via someone who has contributed much in tech support.
Also, if you like it but simply can't afford to pay for the component hardware then tell me so and sport it /w pride for all you have done here.
I doubt you won't like it.
This is spraypaint art, not air brush. [I can't afford to get a new air bursh (here is an analogy: try working on your motor bike using only dollar store tools. Well, a harbor freight air brush is the equivelant to dollar store tools to an artist) due to the fact that I am having custody of my daughter reinstated. 16yo girls are expensive when you're poor, though worth every last pennypinching moment.] It is done in many multiple layers, some heavier that others depending on the image. But you CAN expect nothing more than 1/2 -3/4 the thickness (meaning less the their drip level- but it isn't drip it is layered paint ) of a standard factory "painted black" purchased gas tank. None, to hardley any, if you chose a flat surface: i.e. a cover & not a tank (but tanks jobs are the shiznet. Aye?)
Anywho,
pick your ones,bro
Will be 3-5 weeks b4 delivered.
Could be sooner but since my life is chaotic at the moment I must allocate myself a time frame within which I will not have to worry about my honor being called into question.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The truth is easy to understand once it is discovered. The point is to discover it.
~Galileo Galilei
I got that queasy shroom gut...
~Fat Apple (the band)
An intellectual hippie?
What?, Are you misguided...
... stop your studies and worship Jesus

F the system

Last edited:
Well, I finally got her to run today.
I found the plug cap I had bought a few weeks ago. Was going to install it, but decided to first try flipping the magnet since I believe it may have sounded like when I tested the sparkplugs. So I thought maybe the timing. I had flipped that magnet before the clutch spring adjustment to no avail. But not since.
It fired right up! With only 20ft of LIGHT peddling on a straightaway! On my previous build,I had to go down a huge hill first start. And lots of peddling on declines, or a heat gun for first day's start.
The new issue is bogging all throught the range( but not at idle now that I have it set -set to stay running at 2&1/2 turns instead of the standard 3&1/2-and enrichment screw about 1/3 of the way out).
Tried the jet needle cilp at highest and lowest settings with no difference so I set it back to the middle.
Inbetween 1/8 to 1/4 throttle it may catch for awhile then bog. At 1/4 or more it will bog almost immediately.
Bought some black rtv gasket sealer. Both stores, walmart and advance auto, were out of black silicone.
Sprayed starter all over the outside (motor & carb) and only noticed a change near the back left side of carb where the top and bottom of it's housing join. But I believe that is likely spray entering through the air filter.
Gotta find a thread on float level as well.
I recall reading something on that awhile back
Also I need it because I may be dripping a little gas from the overflow tube...
Any other ideas or variations, confirmation, and/or articulation would be appreciated.

wow, removing the magneto to see if you can hear the piston going up & down?
all i would have done was pull off the spark plug wire and remove the spark plug.

we got love for ya!

he is right about it not running ...if there was spark it would somewhat turn over..(alittle crackle noise)or relly quick pull then die...what you hearing is exactly what you said piston just going up and down opening ports.have you tried opening the drain hole and seeing if gas pours out.(gas might not be filling carb)happened to me)if you had any spark and gas was there is would at least combust alittle.any spark powerful or not will ignite fumes.!i am leaning towards gas problem but the other person on here(i cant see his name) sounds very knowledgable just giving some input.i have when people ingore the people that need help getting it running,but comment and fight over crappy upgrades that dont work..lol hope this helps somewhat

Back