Carby CNS High Performance Carb Problem

PickerBenny

Local time
6:37 AM
well to start off with, its been leaking gas from the start. my choke is off and still gas spits out. when i first started riding by bike (1-10 miles) i always kept the choke on instead of off even when riding. Now that i think about it, i think i clogged one of the jets in the carb. I have taken apart my carb and cleaned the main jet several times. Now my bike will start without leaking gas, but then it dies like its not getting enough fuel. All i want is to ride my bike! my clutch is fine and i tuned it great. While i was messing with the carb, the throttle attachment that goes in the carb was messed up and it wont go in it perfectly.

Should i clean the carb with carb cleaner or should i go buy a carb off of 1977mopeds.com? i hate fixing this every time i come home from a ride. whats my problem? what should i do?

i concur. get a mikuni vm 18.

just...finding a good air filter will be more frustrating than what you have. a pod works but theres no groove for it to clamp onto. and they arent waterproof! fitting the thing will send you bald in 5 minutes... they need a bush to fit the intake. it needs to be slit so it can clamp on properly. needs to seal, so an o-ring helps.

theres more to tuning a mikuni than just the main jet size and lifting the needle. takes some work to get them dialled in. worth it in the end if the setup deserves it...

for just plain simplicity i prefer the stock standard POS. it bolts on, it works, and its airfilter fits.

but for leaking fuel, check the float height and needle valve/seat. get this set.

then main jet. maybe too small. whats fitted? drills, solder and plug chops. start learning :)

Back