Coaster brake hub failure

Hey, whynot just switch the 2 sprockets?
Only a wire clip holds it on.
I changed wifey's rear ratio that way myself, to make hers easier to pedal.

Mike

Actually, I like the way it pedals with the larger rear sprocket. It pedals a little easier. Plus, fitting a half-link in the chain is not a problem for me. I have several bikes using half-links.

Well, I discovered that a mere half-link wouldn't be enough, so after getting the belt tensioned properly I put a new chain on the bike. Took it out for a test spin and I was very impressed with the stopping power of the new coaster brake. It almost caused me to go over the handlebars! :LOL:

do alot of whizzer's have this problem? Just curious on how sparingly I should use the rear brake. I usually slow down by coasting part way then applying both front & rear brake.

Last edited:
Coaster smokin' blues

Hi akyramoto, no the coasters on Whizzers are not real fragile, I use mine all the time, I weigh 275, and sometimes ride in hilly areas, and most of them, most all of the time, work very well.

Mike

Woah. That pic is almost impossible my head is telling me that.
It's like I'm looking at that pic and my brain thinks my eyes are lying.
It's awesome that Whizzer knows how to take care of their customers.
Simply AWESOME.

Suntour Coaster Brake Parts

In an earlier post there was an exploded view of a Suntour hub. Does any one have a good parts source for such a hub? I have a heavy duty Suntour hub (receives 120 ga spokes) that needs some parts and I am having a difficult time finding them.

Back