Coaster Brake Mag Wheels??

Also what's the deal with mag wheels? Do any of you guys have them? Why does the sprocket for the motor side stick out so far? How can they ever line up with the sprocket on the engine without having to move the engine to the left like 2 inches?
vs

Last edited:
Also what's the deal with mag wheels? Do any of you guys have them? Why does the sprocket for the motor side stick out so far? How can they ever line up with the sprocket on the engine without having to move the engine to the left like 2 inches?
View attachment 94115vsView attachment 94116
That's not a motorized bicycle specific mag wheel,you'll need an adapter to move the sprocket inward like a top hat or the Russian guy's custom made one's.The gear lines up with engine sprocket when it's 35mm from the center of hub to center of gear,and if you plan on going fast they will need to be balanced with the tire and tube in place.

Thanks, that was really stumping me. So how do you install one of those adapters? Do you have to take off anything on the mag wheel first?

My engine sprocket is making aggressive high pitched squeaking sounds when I am going slow. It sounds like a shopping cart with a squeaking wheel. Is this something I should be concerned about? Does the axle and bearing need grease or something?

Zach check and see if the chain is rubbing the cover of the gear first, where your tensioner is mount on. Just a thought.

My coaster brake crapped out on me again. Arm is stripped and bearing is smashed. This time I didn't even put any pressure on that thing. So I'm gonna get a new rear wheel that's not a coaster brake wheel. I will have disk brakes on my front wheel soon. What do you recommend for my rear wheel as for brakes? I have spoked wheels not mag wheels. Also can I convert my coaster brake wheel to just a freewheel instead of buying a whole new wheel?

Last edited:
Back