Coaster Brake Mag Wheels??

The mags is what I’m trying to ask you about, did the sprocket mount right to mag wheels. Mine had to have a special adaptor to mount the sprocket.
My sprocket mounted directly to the mag. They came with a 36t but I changed it to a 44.

The mags is what I’m trying to ask you about, did the sprocket mount right to mag wheels. Mine had to have a special adaptor to mount the sprocket.
Yeah the sprocket that came with mine was a 6 lug one that was drilled the same as the discs for brakes the one I have now is a 44 tooth that has holes for disc brake, rag joint, and the 3 bolt hub bracket

I didn’t know when I ordered mine you had to buy a sprocket adaptor for the chain sprocket. It came with a 36 tooth sprocket. I think now I wouldn’t bought mine if only I knew that. I’ll post a picture. Plus I had to modify the adaptor for proper chain alignment. They make two different styles direct sprocket bolt on and the offset adaptor bolt on. If you look at bottom 2 pictures the 6 bolt part is offset out and you can’t get a 6 bolt sprocket on it. I tried to stretch the frame not happing.

Attachments

• C88CB696-0B3C-4D49-8F0E-BBDD62D79278.jpeg
    C88CB696-0B3C-4D49-8F0E-BBDD62D79278.jpeg
    194 KB · Views: 144
  • 913099B7-C456-4D6A-B992-90763DBCCFAD.jpeg
    913099B7-C456-4D6A-B992-90763DBCCFAD.jpeg
    190.2 KB · Views: 134
  • CF134C15-8FF1-49A4-84E8-192CE370C4C6.jpeg
    CF134C15-8FF1-49A4-84E8-192CE370C4C6.jpeg
    147.5 KB · Views: 146
  • A0D67B14-078F-402E-BEF5-9FF29436387F.jpeg
    A0D67B14-078F-402E-BEF5-9FF29436387F.jpeg
    179.6 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
The mag wheels from bikeberry can be used with disc or regular v brakes.

Be AWARE of this note from bikeberry about their mag wheels though...DAMIEN

WARNING: MAG WHEELS ARE NOT DESIGNED TO BE COMPATIBLE WITH CALIPER BRAKES. USE OF CALIPER BRAKES THAT STOP USING FRICTION PLACED ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE RIM EDGE MAY RESULT IN PREMATURE FAILURE OF THE RIM.

I’m just letting people know about this so they know If there buying mags .So they know what to expect.

Be AWARE of this note from bikeberry about their mag wheels though...DAMIEN

WARNING: MAG WHEELS ARE NOT DESIGNED TO BE COMPATIBLE WITH CALIPER BRAKES. USE OF CALIPER BRAKES THAT STOP USING FRICTION PLACED ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE RIM EDGE MAY RESULT IN PREMATURE FAILURE OF THE RIM.
Good thing that the rear isn’t my primary stopping wheel. I never got that warning from them.

"Good thing that the rear isn’t my primary stopping wheel. I never got that warning from them."

They only added that warning recently because they got it stuffed to them by customers that ate a little asphalt along with getting a case of road rash...DAMIEN

There are quite a few people that have had issues and bitched about their mag wheel's online in forum's and FB group pages, some because they used rim brakes on a wheel that was designed for disc brakes and it snap's the rim just below where the tire bead sit's at the thinnest part.Some actually broke a spoke at or just above the hub which I can only suspect they hit something good and hard though they never admit it or they pushed it to far speed wise without balancing it which is very important if trying to go over 50.Last but most common is the gear/disc mounting in the hub with insufficient hardware,not being not being threaded in deep enough or not using a proper concentric gear can cause all kinds of issues. Now we all know you get what you pay for and the mb specific mags are cheep compared to a built up heavy spoke,good hub,double walled hoop wheel that on average cost around $200 each where a set of mags can be less than half that and that's part of the issue imo anyway because the one's we see on sale for 89 buck's every now and then are the ones that most have issues with! I have been using a set of hy22's for 4 year's now and admittedly I sheared the first set of bolt's/hardware that came with them and I should have known better but once I corrected it I have not had an issue. Now I balanced them since they see high speeds and I sleeved the axle so as to have stop's for the inner race to take all the mounting pressure and there were stepped axle's available for this purpose though I've not seen them for awhile now,I use a cnc cut gear from MZ that is properly concentric along with a 203mm disc which required me to make a spacer for disc/caliper alignment on my frame but being mb specific the chain line was perfect though that wouldn't be the case with regular bicycle mags which require an adaptor.I run them on the street on trails and have had no choice but to hit potholes in traffic big rut's that you don't see until it's too late on the trails and try my best to reduce the impact however possible again with no issues where as I went through spoked wheels every other month before the mags so they have saved me more than I spent on them in the long run and are still going to be used for years to come I hope LOL, the mags I chose have thick webbing where they come up from the hub into the radiused spoke and where it join's the hoop they have some that are very thin with no support or webbing and choice is limited the latest 10 spoked version seem pretty good I've only seen one broken but again suspect non admitted misuse as the cause because I see guy's with 10hp plus 4 strokes using them with alot more torque and weight on them then a 2 stroke and they seem to last.

5CD555AA-ABE2-4843-93F1-ACC8AB77A3F8.jpeg
This is how I have mine set up and honestly the pad is wearing nicely and only a little paint seems to have come off.

Back