Coaster Brake Mag Wheels??

How many teeth is the cog that comes with the $89 Walmart Huffy Cranbrook? It's either 17 or 18. A guy I know has an 18t cog he's just gonna give me to put on my future freewheel, but I can't tell if its gonna be too tight with my chain or not. Cranbrooks are popular for mbs so I thought I'd ask.

Last edited:
I already took it off my bike so no. The rims I bought, the motored sprocket sticks out a half inch too much. My bearing and internal coaster brake of the stock wheel broke just from riding it and so I need something stronger especially since I'm gonna put performance parts on. I guess I can settle for heavy duty spokes. What gauge won't I have to true or at least not as often as 50 miles? I see so many 12 gauge but idk if thats thick enough.
i run 12 gauge on my bikes it works

I had a guy I know look at my wheel. He said the wobbling its just a truing problem and he'll true it for me. No flat spots on the rim which is good. The side to side slack I got out by "overtightening" the cone nut to where you can't really spin the coaster arm. This wouldn't work with the coaster brake shoes in, but it seems to work without them. So I'm gonna give this wheel one last chance.

A problem I'm having is my cnc sprocket hub adapter shifted a little and is putting tension on some spokes, which may have played a role in my rim not being as straight as it used to. What do you recommend I do? More torque on the bolts? How much, I have a torque wrench.

Last edited:
I’m having mine adaptor on 50cc bike loosen up too. After two rides I tighten it up . Don’t plan on taking it off any time soon. I’m thinking red loctite. I’m sure I’ll get ambushed as soon as do. Wheel need replaced.lol

Has anyone put a triple tree fork on their cruiser bike? The fork that came with my bike has threads where it goes up into the head tube but my triple tree fork has no threads. How do I get around this?

This thing was hammered down in there and I extracted it because its junky. Don't know if it has anything to due with the fork

Last edited:
Back