Coaster Brake Mag Wheels??

Has anyone put a triple tree fork on their cruiser bike? The fork that came with my bike has threads where it goes up into the head tube but my triple tree fork has no threads. How do I get around this?
View attachment 97219
This thing was hammered down in there and I extracted it because its junky. Don't know if it has anything to due with the fork
View attachment 97221
Whoops! You need the star nut (junky part) inside there to mount handlebars. You put it all together and squeeze the brackets together as you tighten it up. I Used two long bar clamps to hold it firm as I tightened it up.

Does the star nut need some kind of screw to go in it? that middle piece in the star nut has threads.
And if there is, does it go up in here on the handlebar stem thing or how does it attach?

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Seeing you took the star nut out, just use this one instead. That's all I have in mine and it works fine.
I think you forgot the link or picture you were gonna post. I'm still confused at how my handlebar will fit inside with the star nut in the way and does it need a screw or something?

Last edited:
I already hate this project 😄:( Luckily, all the stem and tubes go in right. But I ran into a problem. The outer diameter of the steering tube is too big for the dust covers and nuts that go around the outside on the top.

And yeah, I would have to get a different handlebar to be able to use the star nut. So I'm gonna try to do this like you said Chainlube. Can you shine some light on what I have to do to successfully do this? This is all new to me, I never touched the fork on a bike before. Any help with this is much appreciated.

Last edited:
Chainlube helped me out. I just needed to use my dremel tool to shave down the threads on the nuts and then they fit over the fork. I got it on and working good.

Back