Brakes coaster brake too hard and LOUD

Sowhatu

Local time
5:33 PM
just decided to happen today...
seems the coaster brake is way too touchy, slightest bit of pressure and stops too good, also when i release throttle, bring in clutch i get a LOUD screeeeching noise comming from back there.

im still a n00b to this and have no idea what is going on.

****note: bike has been sitting in shed for 1 MONTH****, only has 1 hr OF RIDING since bringing it out

oh, and its still classified as a "new" hub/rim/wheel... only have like 10 hrs of riding into it.

yeah thanks, in my panic i posted this before searching, found out to pack grease into the hub.

got it all fixed and running like new again.

Solved

A word to the wise- on any hub that can be greased, I think it would be prudent to remove all the grease the hub was delivered with and repack with automotive quality hi-temp wheel beaing grease. Standard bicycle or even standard automotive grease will not do it- especially with a coaster brake and all the heat it gets.

With my new Husky wheels with a Shimano CB-110, the original grease liquified and dripped out after one long ride. Since i repacked hi-temp bearing grease- no problems...that being said, I do not use my coaster brake to stop anymore.

i packed the extreme high temp grease "560 degree" in the hub thingy... but i ALSO packed grease in the spaces that the brake shoes rub against to stop... therefore my brakes arent really that good now, they stop kinda slow cause i think they slip on grease.... or it could be i need to adjust CONE.

i packed the extreme high temp grease "560 degree" in the hub thingy... but i ALSO packed grease in the spaces that the brake shoes rub against to stop... therefore my brakes arent really that good now, they stop kinda slow cause i think they slip on grease.... or it could be i need to adjust CONE.
Took my brake apart cos i wanted to see how it worked & repacked it with high-speed/high-temperature axle grease(smouthered the inside in grease,shoes included)
When brake applied noticed no difference in stopping power from before & after repack...figured where the metal shoes contact the inner hub any residue grease burns-off almost immediately.
If your still unhappy after a short ride start thinking about cone adjustment, OR taking it apart just to make sure nothing is incorrectly setup internally.

Back