Coaster brake

DieselTech

Local time
2:54 AM
I have a dumb question? Idk the answer to! Can the coaster brake be removed & then replaced with a new axle & bearings to eliminate coaster brake.

Here is pic, I would like to eliminate brake if all possible, & if it can be eliminated, what parts is needed?
20211001_055750.jpg

Attachments

• 20211001_055847.jpg
    20211001_055847.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 105
Looks like a basic coaster brake that can be removed. Though I'd advise adding a rim brake to the bike if you're using the frame the wheel came off of.

A caliper brake, cable and a brake lever. You can just take out the clutch from the coaster, there may be loose bearings in there or they may be caged.

Ok thanks, I thought I might need new axle & bearings, Lol I haven't taken apart a coaster brake since grade school. That been many a moon ago.

Ok thanks, I thought I might need new axle & bearings, Lol I haven't taken apart a coaster brake since grade school. That been many a moon ago.
I'd be inclined to remove all the guts and use a sealed bearing. They can be had in just about every size, going that route you will need a crush sleeve for you axle to run through.
Here, this will refresh you on a coaster brake.

Back