Cold air ram intake?

Local time
2:13 PM
Hey got my bike back to square with some seafoam but I'm debating doing some extra home made mods.

I'm interested in making a home made air scoop/dam/intake

Due to I have a jet kit I can officially drop the crappy stock air filter.

Looking to see if anyone knows the NT stock air filter neck size.

In addition I plan on installing a boost bottle home made of course they say the bigger the bottle the better but a basic beer bottle should cover that just fine.

In addition, while my piston domes soaking in sea foam over night I am dropping my main jet back from #.75 to #.70 as the 75 works just feel that it could be a bit leaner, the stocks about .65 - . 68 which resulted in 4 stroking at wot and surging a while back so I'm sure my jetting should be between .70 - .75

.80 = 4 stroking in mid range and .60 = in 4 stroking through all ranges.

My only mod is a banana pipe which is why a boost bottle will be mandatory as she suffers from mild unstable idle unless ran lean and we know that the banana is a half standard pipe/expansion pipe.

So you 4 stroke with a 60 and an 80?

You will never go fast enough for ram air to work.

Do you have a ruler or tape measure? Best way to get a measurement is to do it yourself. That way you know it's correct.

So you 4 stroke with a 60 and an 80?

You will never go fast enough for ram air to work.

Do you have a ruler or tape measure? Best way to get a measurement is to do it yourself. That way you know it's correct.

Yep yep, I realized the offset intake comes with problems of its own.

One not being able to hold an idle after the engine is hot kind of a slam effect once the throttle is closed when one comes to a stop light leading to stalling of the engine but starts right back up.

The offset also delays delivery and takes from top speed.

I chose the 75 main jet which is as about as close one can get eliminating 4 stroking all together.

Of course the 70 is faster but a tad bit too lean going down hill.

Hits 40 on a 70 running lean so the magic numbers 72-73 but will be experimenting with one of my extra stock intakes plan on cutting it in half using one part in a 5/8 heater hose tube and the other half to make a modified half length intake not as long as the stock size, not as short as the shorty but not over length like the offset as to find a minimum between torque and top speed.

Should also combat a 1.5-2% height difference from how the motor sits I have a new head coming and will need to shave a single fin to have proper clearance.
IMAG0317.jpg
IMAG0318.jpg

Back