Cold Setting A Bike Chainstay

How many teeth on the sprocket? You may be able to get a bigger rotor.
I think a 36T and 203mm rotor is typically paired up.

Can't get a bigger rotor... they don't make a bracket for non-disc frames that support larger rotors that I'm able to find. I can only find 3 brackets... 1 is a death trap... nix that one. The other two use 160mm rotors.

EDIT: Or is it just the POST that is bigger? Do I need to find a rotor that supports 203 mm or just a post? Sorry guys... this is all brand new to me.

You have to size the mount to the caliper. Measure center to center on the caliper bolt holes and size a correct mount to it.
eBay has a bunch of thst stuff.

There isn't enough room between the sprocket and the disc on this Grubee rim to FIT the damn disc brake calipers
Did you use the 160mm, 180mm, or the 203mm for the rear disk...Caliper room is THE reason most everyone uses the 203mm disk size in the rear as I have.

The first two pics shows a more close up look of the size, spacing, and comparison of disk versus sprocket size and caliper postioning the third pic shows front and rear pic size differences between the two disks...Most people miss this important difference when doing disk brakes.

Another view of rear caliper adaptor.IMG_0350.jpg

Fabricated Rear Caliper Adaptor IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Yeah, I got the 160mm set you linked to somewhere on this site...

I obviously need to get a 203 rotor (just so happens this one is tweaked anyway).... and an adapter. Any suggestions or will just about any do?

Yeah, I got the 160mm set you linked to somewhere on this site...

I obviously need to get a 203 rotor (just so happens this one is tweaked anyway).... and an adapter. Any suggestions or will just about any do?
You must have missed the link I posted with the mention of 203mm...lol.

Did you use the 160mm, 180mm, or the 203mm for the rear disk...Caliper room is THE reason most everyone uses the 203mm disk size in the rear as I have.

The first two pics shows a more close up look of the size, spacing, and comparison of disk versus sprocket size and caliper postioning the third pic shows front and rear pic size differences between the two disks...Most people miss this important difference when doing disk brakes.

View attachment 180073

View attachment 180074

View attachment 180075
A picture is worth a…
Much easier to see the photos to understand how the caliper fits up close to the sprocket.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
In your picture you have the sprocket outside of the disc. ???

To spread your chain stays, install the althread and turn the nuts out until the desired width in attained, put an extra nut on the outside of the althread to keep it in place. Get a spreader bar clamp and spread the inner part of the stay.

Back