Cold Weather

btf331

Local time
4:34 AM
Hey all,

Yesterday i was riding my whizzer and stopped at a buddies house to work on his new MB. It was like 20 F here last night we built his bike and then went out side to test his it didn't go that well but while riding his chain fell off to get to my problem we went looking for the chain and my whizzers clutch wouldn't pull in this happened before. Does it have to do with the cold?

Brandon Friedman
Long Island, New York

Hi Brandon,

Hard to answer your question because I am not sure what you mean by

"my whizzers clutch wouldn't pull in this happened before. Does it have to do with the cold?"

Does the lever on the handlebar become difficult to pull? If so either replace it or force oil or graphite into the cable housing.

If the arm sticks, then check to see if the bolt attaching it to the rear of the motor is too tight.

EZ Motorbike is researching the possibility of having a special pin made that will press into the arm and machining the part that fits through the bushings at the rear of the motor for a precision fit. If we decide to have the pin made it will stop the side to side play in the arm and make the belts run true. We are checking the market to see if such a product is warranted and would sell.

have fun,

OK it become dificult to pull in so i will try with oil or grafite. Because i dont think i need a new one because it only happens if sitting in the cold to long.

Brandon Friedman
Long Island, New York

The first thing I do is take the cables apart and put grease into the palm of my hand and run the cable through it. I then pour oil mixed with graphite into the cable covering. The cables last for years this way.
If you don't feel like taking it apart, you could try to undo it at your handlebars and slowly pour oil inside.

Back