Columbia Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just something I have put together over the summer since my first bike was stolen last May. It turned out to be a blessing in disguise because this new build looks a whole lot better than my first. I was also lucky that everything fit so nicely; the engine just barely fits underneath the strait tube, the modified jackshaft works like it wanted it to, the dummy tank firmly squeezed in the frame, and the wide pedals clear the exhaust. I was even able to fit the chain guard back on over the jackshaft and chainring. I really spared no expense with this one.
20170912_091342.jpg

20170912_091417.jpg
20170912_093655.jpg
20170912_091352.jpg
asdfasdf.jpg

20170912_093711.jpg

20170912_093647.jpg

My bike rack keeps the bike upright and secure. Only downside is there is a lot of play in where the rack goes into the receiver so the whole thing swings around a lot when I drive. That probably keeps a lot of tailgaters at bay, or maybe not.
20170825_154553.jpg

Really beautiful! one thing, gas on the left hand????

Lol, Yes. I am surprised you noticed that. I chose to flip it because I need to manipulate the throttle and shifter at the same time when shifting gears and it is really hard to do that when they are on the same side. I could have moved the shifter, but it would be upside down.

Isn't the throttle upside down? I rather move the shifter to the left, like (old) Vespas have.

I put both my shifters on the left hand side, with the clutch and rear brake. :)
I'm still learning to twist forward to downshift the rear gears. I could have used a "low normal" aka "rapid rise" rear derailleur of course, to make the twist shift normal again; but I think it's worth learning this new habit because to lock the clutch I have to reach down to the front button anyway so it's good to downshift and lock the clutch in a single motion. :)

But that's my bike. You do what you like. :)

I put both my shifters on the left hand side, with the clutch and rear brake. :)
I'm still learning to twist forward to downshift the rear gears. I could have used a "low normal" aka "rapid rise" rear derailleur of course, to make the twist shift normal again; but I think it's worth learning this new habit because to lock the clutch I have to reach down to the front button anyway so it's good to downshift and lock the clutch in a single motion. :)

But that's my bike. You do what you like. :)

Wow..

full

Talk about a cluster f*** job!
Like you said it's 'your bike' and even you are still learning how to ride it.
For crying out loud..

The first thing you do to a bike with a front derailleur is remove it.
You have an engine and rear gears, if you need to change the front sprocket do it by hand, but most people know the front sprocket they like and seldom ever change it.

BTW, where did you get that front light? does it run on batteries or connected to 6/12v?

Wow..

full

Talk about a cluster f**k job!
For crying out loud..

You have an engine and rear gears, if you need to change the front sprocket do it by hand, but most people know the front sprocket they like and seldom ever change it.
???????
I do change it by hand, thanks. :)
My f**king thumb to be precise. :p One thumb button changes up and the other thumb button changes down. What did you do with your thumb, remove it?! :rolleyes:
Yeah thanks for your suggestions for ways to make a bike less functional. :D

BTW, where did you get that front light? does it run on batteries or connected to 6/12v?

Ebay for $30: http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eB...y=25645&pm=1&ds=0&t=1508537333689&cspheader=1

I wish I could have found a 4.5" version of the two smaller lights on top but settled for this. The visor just looks better on the smaller ones. It's not hooked up to any power source right now and I probably won't get around to hooking it up in the near future. It's just there for aesthetics. If I really wanted to use it, I would gut it out and install an LED.

And yes, I have to twist the throttle up. I thought about putting the shifter on the left, but decided that would look less professional with the numbers being upside down.

Wow..

Talk about a cluster f**k job!
For crying out loud..

Better yet, replace it with a friction shifter and mount it to the down tube like some old bikes have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back