Columbia Klunker

Status
Not open for further replies.
A guy brought this bike and engine kit to me. CDH engine kit. Wallmart bike. Columbia Klunker. For a under 150 dollar bike This one was pretty good. All steel solid with substantial seat and chain stays. Food for thought for those who are looking for a solid 7 speed cruiser with suspension disc forks at a low price.View media item 61152

Would you like the SBP expansion chamber or Zeda 88 as a better option?
As much as I like SBP I don't care for their chamber. This one is about the same as far as function with maybe a little better low end. The Zeda 88 would be better than both, but I'm not sure how it will fit. The Mz pipe wants to hit the front tire when the forks compress on some cruisers. The Zeda looks like it drops down quicker though so it might fit.

As much as I like SBP I don't care for their chamber. This one is about the same as far as function with maybe a little better low end. The Zeda 88 would be better than both, but I'm not sure how it will fit. The Mz pipe wants to hit the front tire when the forks compress on some cruisers. The Zeda looks like it drops down quicker though so it might fit.

the Zeda 88 fits well, I'll post a pic when I get my front end on and can get it outside.
Do you remember having any issues mounting the tank? the split top tube is interfering with fuel valve on my build.

the Zeda 88 fits well, I'll post a pic when I get my front end on and can get it outside.
Do you remember having any issues mounting the tank? the split top tube is interfering with fuel valve on my build.
Honestly I don't remember a prob. with the fuel valve, but I don't remember a lot of things so it could be vary well that we may have been using two diff. types of petcocks, as some are innies and some are outies. Pretty cool bike though, huh.

I like it, for the money it's hard to beat. I have a billet head with a center spark plug that is close to the lower top tube, not sure i can get a plug wrench over it, and if i lower the motor it brings my chain run closer to the stay.
You can't change anything without it effecting 3 other things!
It's is a good looking bike though, the motor looks huge in the frame, and with the expansion chamber and suspension fork it take me back to my mx days

X

Attachments

• 20181208_202725.jpg
    20181208_202725.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 240
the confined space is the only real drawback on these bikes. I think if I was going to have one for myself I would use a set of the allen bolt head studs to make life a little easier.

A guy brought this bike and engine kit to me. CDH engine kit. Wallmart bike. Columbia Klunker. For a under 150 dollar bike This one was pretty good. All steel solid with substantial seat and chain stays. Food for thought for those who are looking for a solid 7 speed cruiser with suspension disc forks at a low price.View media item 61152
Now that looks better than my columbia klunker.
I'll get some pics soon for ya.
Not much space but if you get the hex head bolts like gary said it does make things easier, and even
then the passenger side exhaust bolt is a bear :D
I need to get someone to take some pics. I've been running this CK for about a year or more i guess :-\

junk yard for a one gallon mower gas tank, like 3 bux, and a sturdy rear rack to mount it.
I did that because i kept popping the metal tank studs i guess from vibration down.
Just pointing out a drawback of the CK....the slpit center bars wreaked havock on my on gallon metal tanks.
I then got a riding mower one gallon plastic tank and threw it onto my rear rack.

The studs shouldn’t do that unless you overtighten the nuts. I have a tank that’s only held on by 3 studs (I used bolts on 30mm long nuts to attach) they were crappy and one stripped but some tanks are better than others.

The studs shouldn’t do that unless you overtighten the nuts. I have a tank that’s only held on by 3 studs (I used bolts on 30mm long nuts to attach) they were crappy and one stripped but some tanks are better than others.

The bike in question has a unique top tube made up of 2 smaller tubes, and what i think HumanPerson may be saying is that each of these smaller tubes vibrates independent of the other and a tank mounted to them gets torn apart. It's not caused by over tightening the mounting studs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back