Columbia Klunker

Status
Not open for further replies.
A guy brought this bike and engine kit to me. CDH engine kit. Wallmart bike. Columbia Klunker. For a under 150 dollar bike This one was pretty good. All steel solid with substantial seat and chain stays. Food for thought for those who are looking for a solid 7 speed cruiser with suspension disc forks at a low price.View media item 61152

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
How’s plug to frame clearance being handled? Some of these look very close.

On my bike I'm using the original slant head and needed to rotate it 90 degrees to get it to fit properly. Definitely won't fit center fire aluminum head without modifying. My slant head goes on the correct way but it's a huge pain to remove the plug and wire that way. So I rotated the head and indexed the spark plug towards the intake.

On my bike I'm using the original slant head and needed to rotate it 90 degrees to get it to fit properly. Definitely won't fit center fire aluminum head without modifying. My slant head goes on the correct way but it's a huge pain to remove the plug and wire that way. So I rotated the head and indexed the spark plug towards the intake.

Not to hurt anyones feelings or anything but i have the 6.0cc center plug Fred Head on
a Columbia Klunker without modifying the frame and it is a tight fit but it does work.

https://motoredbikes.com/threads/boygofast-47mm-sleeved-cylinder-info.54304/page-5

Ride Safe! :)

HP

No feelings hurt. I know it will fit. Alot has to do with the mounting angle. Because I'm running a jackshaft on mine the engine needs tho sit up a little higher on the frame. That's a nice looking bike you have there HP.
Keep er greasy.
Chris

No feelings hurt. I know it will fit. Alot has to do with the mounting angle. Because I'm running a jackshaft on mine the engine needs tho sit up a little higher on the frame. That's a nice looking bike you have there HP.
Keep er greasy.
Chris

Oh yeah, i forgot about the engine position with a jackshaft.
The police here told me that if i were to run tha jackshaft shift kit i'd have to register and insure.
Oh well, no shift kit for me :D

Thanks for the compliment @GreasyChris (y)

It's not much and she don't go very fast but she's muh goil and she gets me up the hills with no complaints.

How's your klunker doing?

Ride Safe! :)

HP

To be honest I've only rode it twice. This is my first build and I started back in November. It was a project I started to keep me busy over the winter. I'm almost finished building if but always find new things I want to do. Living in Canada getting parts isn't quick so there's lots of waiting. The 2 times I did ride it, it was a ton of fun. I'm debating looking forward to the nicer weather so I can ride it more and get it dialed in. I'm getting tired of this cold crappy weather.

Getting close, I rode it today under pedal power, less roll resistance than I anticipated, need to get some different bars with some rise, maybe 4 inches, and finish my controls and wiring, I want to run a 2.3 fat Frank tire but not sure if stock rim is wide enough?
Also considering a layed back seat post, for me ar 6'3" none of these inexpensive bike are quite big enough.

Attachments

• 20190420_143027.jpg
    20190420_143027.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 214
  • 20190420_143043.jpg
    20190420_143043.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 234
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back