Columbia Rambler BGF 32mm reed valve 21 mm OKO Jog scooter pipe

I know to cut a boost port. Look at my thread "Sport scooter exhaust" I said everything what I will be doing to cylinder. I'm going to do a normal port job, and match the ports as well.

I can either get the reed that I linked, or keep the normal one. I really can't afford one that doesn't bolt up to a normal cylinder.

That link I sent you, that reed works on both cylinders. I've used that small reed it's hard to get it to seal properly and its really small. The reeds actually fit into your intake so it's already a smaller hole than your intake. That's just my opinion tho.

Yeah, the one you sent where you sent 2 with the carburetor, would be good for me. I'd be very happy with them. But as I said they don't ship here! I don't know why! I'm quite mad because I'd get that one.

Ya that's the same one only a different size intake for the carb to attach to. It will work much better. You can probably rig up that carb you ordered to easily enought

Chris, just wondering why you have the head on crossways, air passing through the fins while riding will keep it cooler.

The head is on side ways for clearance purposes, the engine is angled quite a bit to get the jack shaft to fit as well. The fin direction makes zero difference on the cooling effect of my engine. Im pretty sure that is an old wives tale. It was 41°C Friday and after beating on my bike for over an hour it's never gone above 380°F. I'm more concerned about the spark plug angle in the cylinder than I am about the fin direction. However the plug is indexed towards the intake and any time I've had it apart everything appears to have a normal burn pattern.

No problem, I’ve had to do things a little different myself when working with tight spaces.

No problem, I’ve had to do things a little different myself when working with tight spaces.
It's all good, another member gave me a good idea to get one of the high compression aluminum heads to fit so I'll be trying that in the next few weeks. It tops out at 47.7 mph right now but I keep tinkering and getting it faster and faster.

Back