Coming together better than expected

I spent a while planning- getting parts- getting cash together- assembling and modifying. This thing is really looking good I think. Let me know what you think

Attachments

• 20210528_171349_HDR.jpg
    20210528_171349_HDR.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 1,971
I spent a while planning- getting parts- getting cash together- assembling and modifying. This thing is really looking good I think. Let me know what you think
Looks good so far...i can see that your not quite finished as of yet because i do not see the rear sprocket and chain on it yet as well as the throttle control grips, cables, electrical etc.

Good choice of bike frame though...Its a Hyper Bike Company Beach Cruiser frame, same as i use myself.

What motor did you choose ???...I chose the Zeda 80 myself and i think i got the very last black one that bicycle-engines.com had in stock back in May of 2020...lol.

If interested i can tell you things that you need to take off and replace on that, such as the fenders since the hold downs on them WILL break off and possibly/likely cause you an accident and injury.

The Pics of my finished bike, i will provide here below if it gives you any ideas at all...The pics also include some parts that were hand made such as the front engine mount and the rear disk brake caliper adapter to the frame as well as the aircraft "Adel" clamp that i used to secure the front disk brake to the stock front fork...keep up the good work...DAMIEN

Attachments

• Adel clamp holding front caliper adaptor to fork. IMG_0349.jpg
    Adel clamp holding front caliper adaptor to fork. IMG_0349.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 124
  • Fabricated Rear Caliper Adaptor IMG_0347.jpg
    Fabricated Rear Caliper Adaptor IMG_0347.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 122
  • Another view of rear caliper adaptor.IMG_0350.jpg
    Another view of rear caliper adaptor.IMG_0350.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0348.jpg
    IMG_0348.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0352.jpg
    IMG_0352.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0353.jpg
    IMG_0353.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 131
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0319.jpg
    IMG_0319.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0321.jpg
    IMG_0321.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0322.jpg
    IMG_0322.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Thanks damien! Yours looks very good. I like the wheels and the 2 in one mount for the exhaust and to keep the engine from angling forward looks great. I have a lot left to do. I just mounted the engine and tank and bent the exhaust for today..

I got the zeda 66/80 from bicycle engines.com so we literally have the exact same base that's awesome haha.. Thanks for the tips and keep up the good work

keep the engine from angling forward
Yeah...That was done because the carbie needs to be in the most level position possible since it is gravity feed...Too much angle forward, it runs too rich or will flood out totally...Angled to far back, it will be too lean a setting as well as not enough gas/lubrication to the engine...DAMIEN

Welcome aboard New Rider . Just warning you be careful with those coaster brakes they will fail. You will have to plan on different back wheel for better brakes. I really didn’t like bikeberry.com but they have a set of spoke freewheel with disc holes . They were under 100 bucks last time I checked. They are not the best, but the price is cheaper than others.

Yeah I get you on the angle but I don't think my angle is too extreme.. Today I finished bending the pipe and like everything else.. Last bend I got a split. So I put some brass brazing on it and finished it up with some silver. Taking longer than expected but mught as well get it right- you know?

I think it would look good with a 4 or 5 inch round headlight. Does the engine generate enough power for a headlight? Any suggestions?

Also I saw a brake lever for front and rear with adjustable bias. I'd like to make a thumb throttle with the dual brake lever on the same side. I don't know the brand's or where to look other than pulling off scrap cycles.
Also- I guess fenders usually vibrate off? I want to ride about 80 miles and take everything back apart to loctite and re torque
Any tips be well appreciated

Does the engine generate enough power for a headlight? Any suggestions?
Usually not...However this is what i use and WOW is it ever bright and has built in horn tones as well...Check out its video on the link provided below...DAMIEN

And i use these pair of tailights as extra rear tail lights and look identical to the one tail light that comes with the first link i provided.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back