Coming together better than expected

I spent a while planning- getting parts- getting cash together- assembling and modifying. This thing is really looking good I think. Let me know what you think

Attachments

• 20210528_171349_HDR.jpg
    20210528_171349_HDR.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 1,971
I think it would look good with a 4 or 5 inch round headlight. Does the engine generate enough power for a headlight? Any suggestions?

Also I saw a brake lever for front and rear with adjustable bias. I'd like to make a thumb throttle with the dual brake lever on the same side. I don't know the brand's or where to look other than pulling off scrap cycles.
Also- I guess fenders usually vibrate off? I want to ride about 80 miles and take everything back apart to loctite and re torque
Any tips be well appreciated
Your engine only makes enough power to run the CDI, headlight has to be battery, wheel generator or get one of the little coils that goes in beside the other one. Fix the fender before you ride 80 miles, or your next [ost might be from a hospital bed.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Also- I guess fenders usually vibrate off?
The hold down slots where the hold down screws go through usually snap right off as they did with mine...I replaced them with these fenders as noted in my pics from the other post here....Still very secure 5 or 6 months after installing them

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I get you on the angle but I don't think my angle is too extreme
Yeah, that angle is a bit more than recommended...The degrees of deviation should only be in single digits in either direction...yours looks to be beyond that from what i can see in the pic you provided...Hopefully others will chime in with their opinion of this carbie angle as well for a fuller picture and explaination of the dos and don'ts of your angle...DAMIEN

I think it would look good with a 4 or 5 inch round headlight. Does the engine generate enough power for a headlight? Any suggestions?

Also I saw a brake lever for front and rear with adjustable bias. I'd like to make a thumb throttle with the dual brake lever on the same side. I don't know the brand's or where to look other than pulling off scrap cycles.
Also- I guess fenders usually vibrate off? I want to ride about 80 miles and take everything back apart to loctite and re torque
Any tips be well appreciated
Amazon sells those dual brake thumb throttles under twenty dollars . Just type in motorized bike dual brake lever. Here’s one link of throttle.

TC-Motor Alloy ATV Thumb Throttle Accelerator Assembly Handle Brake Lever For Chinese Quad 4 Wheeler 50 70 90cc 110cc 125cc 150cc 250cc https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CA3P5B8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_QYK2625B42SNPWN9WWTN

Last edited:
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Thanks for the link! Boy I didn't realize there was such an aftermarket presence with these bikes.. I'm getting into this more every day!

Eventually I have a whole bunch of plans- but in the idea of getting it on the road asap what might be your first few upgrades on a bike like this? So far I'm thinking

kx80 pipe and front engine mount.
Thumb throttle and dual brake lever
Hubs and larger spokes for wheels
Disk brakes front and back
Eventually a sealed cassette wheel with rear 7 speed gearing and a shift kit

For sure wanting 40mph plus

Then onto strictly performance mods I hope once the bike is all up to snuff to handle the power

The fenders- I'm thinking just heavy stainless bent to about 90 and a hole on fender and one on frame, finished with HD USA hardware?

Thanks everyone

Thanks for the link! Boy I didn't realize there was such an aftermarket presence with these bikes.. I'm getting into this more every day!

Eventually I have a whole bunch of plans- but in the idea of getting it on the road asap what might be your first few upgrades on a bike like this? So far I'm thinking

kx80 pipe and front engine mount.
Thumb throttle and dual brake lever
Hubs and larger spokes for wheels
Disk brakes front and back
Eventually a sealed cassette wheel with rear 7 speed gearing and a shift kit

For sure wanting 40mph plus

Then onto strictly performance mods I hope once the bike is all up to snuff to handle the power

The fenders- I'm thinking just heavy stainless bent to about 90 and a hole on fender and one on frame, finished with HD USA hardware?

Thanks everyone
Just for giggles here’s a picture of mine

Attachments

• 80ADA5F1-BD6B-4872-906A-31534C66B9C3.jpeg
    80ADA5F1-BD6B-4872-906A-31534C66B9C3.jpeg
    407.2 KB · Views: 125
  • 35437A6C-6917-4764-A06A-AFC41827247A.jpeg
    35437A6C-6917-4764-A06A-AFC41827247A.jpeg
    313.9 KB · Views: 118
Nice bike wan. Out of curiosity, about how much $ do you have into that build?

About 700 or so but I kept changing things as time went by. I been messing with it for a while.

About 700 or so but I kept changing things as time went by. I been messing with it for a while.
That's not too bad.. Eventually I have atleast 2 or 3 builds I would like to do

Bike is getting close to done. I have to mount tye chain and tensioner then hook up the throttle clutch and kill switch- so it wont be much longer..

I'm a sucker for detail so it's taking me WAY longer than expected.
Now I'm almost in running condition and just want to get it running for a few miles since I already am planning on replacing hardware, loc rite everything, fender support, hand brake and thumb throttle, clean up the ports a bit etc etc after a few miles.
Hope I'm running it tomorrow

Anything that needs custom is no problem with a dad supervisor and brother journeyman both making 50k pound machines. The ones they are now filling with covid vaccine. So a half thousandth cnc part or a eyeball part either way- not a problem

I'll update when the bike is running
Thanks everyone

These gas tanks with the lip going all the way around it- if I remove the lip and smooth it out would I have to put any kind of sealant inside or outside or can I just keep my grinder from going too deep?

Back