Comments on plug color

The lean condition is referring to the air/fuel ratio. Looks lean to me but I don't know what I am talking about (seriously, I don't) Take a pic from the side and compare it to the chart. Or you can be stingy with the side pic and just hold your spark plug to your computer monitor... :ROFLMAO:

The lean condition is referring to the air/fuel ratio. Looks lean to me but I don't know what I am talking about (seriously, I don't) Take a pic from the side and compare it to the chart. Or you can be stingy with the side pic and just hold your spark plug to your computer monitor... :ROFLMAO:
Adjust the tint on the monitor till the plug looks better...

Lean is a killer of 2 strokes.
I would run my outboard rich and carry plugs... Fouling plugs then a little less is going to last 50 years... 24:1 18:1 on something you'd beat on 100 octane gas... Probably closer to 98 with the oil in it

Yea I have. Im asking for cross referencing purpose so I can understand what I'm looking at and looking for with the plug color. Like the prong and black and. Oily but the insulator is still white ashy looking if I raise the clip there oil and it more ashy despite being the stock jet. It look oil fouled to me until I look at the insulator. While most recommend 65-68 while I need to go to 71-72. It's just weird cause starts defying recommendations while you trying to figure out what you need to do. I'm still running break in mix 18:1 I'll probably be switching to 25:1 today so I'll see if there a difference.

At 18:1 that plug looks way too lean, it should be oil fouled at that ratio and jet size.
No one can really tell you what size jet will work in your engine, the best we could do is give a good starting point then you have to tune it from there.
65-68 is very lean for a stock engine and most stock carbs come with a 70 jet and is pretty close right out of the box, your needing a larger jet than that and the plug color suggests an air leak.
Get a spray bottle and just use water to do the check, with the engine at idle water will make the rpm fall or even die if it sucks in enough.

I figured out why that jug wouldn't work I forgot I had and low hole piston for the 40 mm stroke when I swapped them out so you were right.

Back