Comments on plug color

My. Reed is stuffed aswell bothaide of the Reed. Stuff. I've done because if. The same issue here I have all the pilots up to 35 but at the time I. Didn't so I stuffed it. To take up so Volume on this carb threw the ventri

My. Reed is stuffed aswell bothaide of the Reed. Stuff. I've done because if. The same issue here I have all the pilots up to 35 but at the time I. Didn't so I stuffed it. To take up so Volume on this carb threw the ventri
21mm carb?

Stuffed reed does not effect the jetting, the g2 reed your using is huge compared to the 19mm carb your using so that's fine but as Diesel said you should have at least a 90 main jet and a much bigger pilot jet.
The jets don't combine to give you a total they are two separate circuit's, the pilot jet only meters from idle to 1/4 throttle as it transitions into the needle the needle covers from 1/4 -3/4 throttle and the main jet solely the topend from 3/4 to wot, if you don't follow the steps and start out pig rich you will never tune a carb properly and from the looks of it burn up some engines trying it your way!
Four stroking is when the engine doesn't completely burn the charge or misses a stroke completely and it has a very distinct sound, looking at that plug and reading how you have it setup I highly doubt it's four stroking, bogging yes (different sound) but not four stroking, four stroking is a normal condition for 2t's anyway you want a little bit when you lift slightly after pulling hard or when the load eases up at a fixed speed and throttle position, listen to how this bike sounds that's about as good as it gets, when done right it will run for long periods without over heating and not fall flat on input even in the highest rpm.

I agree I don't follow tuning steps. It's cold today and it got a little worse went away once it got hot. Also started doing that popping sound when I opened the throttle just a bit until the engine start turning faster. Lost a little bit to 35-36 was my top to 37. Low speed was alot better though 10-15.

No it's 19 the clone. So here's plug with a drilled 85 and a 20. I'm actually surprised the plug is bone dry and still whitish with no color

Attachments

• 164891028536684404558692170059.jpg
    164891028536684404558692170059.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 79
No it's 19 the clone. So here's plug with a drilled 85 and a 20. I'm actually surprised the plug is bone dry and still whitish with no color
If you got jets, try a 32-35 pilot jet & a 95 main jet, if plug comes out white like that with them jets installed, you possibly cud have a air leak.

That's not good, you better look into a major air leak before you run it any further. Don't want to burn a hole through your piston.

You could be right about that I've been riding all winter. My base gasket got water logged so it is possible the the case has a leak. Good thing I'm pulling the case apart to finish the case and stuff the transfers

I'm putting in a 27.5 and follow the tuning steps. Provided by minkuni

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220402-110048.png
    Screenshot_20220402-110048.png
    229.2 KB · Views: 79
Back