Comments on plug color

Zingzing29

Local time
5:56 AM
So I'm running a reed and clone carb stock exhaust with my cap and tip cut off. Drilled 60 main and 12.5 pilot. Float height is set at 19-20mm. 32:1 is my mix thinking of going to 40 when I switch oil. The stuff I'm running now. Does have the viscosity that I like. Any tips on tuning one of these. I do know they need to be. Jetted. But. In tuning process. It give me. A really big pilot and a tiny ass. Main and I really don't like the performance it gives it really takes out the mid and top really flat. So comments on my plug color. I'm also looking for the silicone hose that they use if anyone has a link. I want to raise the float to 21mm to try to richen up the main. Or put a 10 pilot and drill it out to .65 I do have to choke it it to fire if I don't flip of open right away it won't start. WOT is pretty weak especially cold. Gets better as it warms and or I get some fuel in the intake. Warmed up I can do WOT until it starts toping out then it'll seem to four stroke not bad if I let off to 3/4 it goes away. Almost the same thing happens if I'm cruising low than 25 and I snap the throttle open makes a four stroke so then kicks it if I ease into then snapp it open its fine. I think that may be from running over size carb but I'm not sure lots of air volume and not much fuel.

Attachments

• 16486787752162375560447457116011.jpg
    16486787752162375560447457116011.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 165
  • 16486789064558204664092727897815.jpg
    16486789064558204664092727897815.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 148
I think alot of my tuning trouble is caused by my stock exhaust being to restricted. I cut the tip of the muffle pipe on the inside off and it helped a tiny bit

So I'm running a reed and clone carb stock exhaust with my cap and tip cut off. Drilled 60 main and 12.5 pilot. Float height is set at 19-20mm. 32:1 is my mix thinking of going to 40 when I switch oil. The stuff I'm running now. Does have the viscosity that I like. Any tips on tuning one of these. I do know they need to be. Jetted. But. In tuning process. It give me. A really big pilot and a tiny ass. Main and I really don't like the performance it gives it really takes out the mid and top really flat. So comments on my plug color. I'm also looking for the silicone hose that they use if anyone has a link. I want to raise the float to 21mm to try to richen up the main. Or put a 10 pilot and drill it out to .65 I do have to choke it it to fire if I don't flip of open right away it won't start. WOT is pretty weak especially cold. Gets better as it warms and or I get some fuel in the intake. Warmed up I can do WOT until it starts toping out then it'll seem to four stroke not bad if I let off to 3/4 it goes away. Almost the same thing happens if I'm cruising low than 25 and I snap the throttle open makes a four stroke so then kicks it if I ease into then snapp it open its fine. I think that may be from running over size carb but I'm not sure lots of air volume and not much fuel.
That plug says lean, drop the clip on your metering needle down a notch and try it again.

When you check the plug color, you want the engine warm and run it as you normally would at any given time, preferably under load. Kill the engine, don't let it idle down, pull over to the side and check the plug.

That plug says lean, drop the clip on your metering needle down a notch and try it again.

When you check the plug color, you want the engine warm and run it as you normally would at any given time, preferably under load. Kill the engine, don't let it idle down, pull over to the side and check the plug.
Though so. I'm going to raise the float as well.

Though so. I'm going to raise the float as well.
Actually what you're describing is lowering the float. If you go from like 20mm to 21mm then the float is lower in the bowl. I think your carb is best set at 21mm, if you go any lower than that then you run a risk of flooding.

If you raise the needle a notch then there will be more fuel in the jet at start up.

Ah I see you know that explains why I thought my last carb went bad. I couldnt figure out why it was dumping fuel. I replaced it thinking the needle valve went bad I almost had it running perfect with 44 t I'm running a 40 now

I dying to upgrade the ignition. Curious to know you thought on the cat nip cdi. .not sure which one are which from who when ordering them. I already know the Oz coil is a good coil to upgrade to. Seems the coil can being a big limiting factor based on knowledge and skills.

Raising the needle did help. It ran slightly different. Its warmer and rainy today though. It seem like you need to run the lbike a day or 2 after each adjustment in or to gauge which way and how much. Idk how much a boost port actually gives you boost. But I put it in and she started running really lean. So I had to go to a 55 from 50 and I start getting effect and I went to a 60 now. I tune off my pilot. So if I go up to a 20 it causes me to go to 50. Aswell I have sanded 1.5mm from the slide to lower the cut away to help richen it up. Each needle slot it about 1mm maybe little more or less considering the needle sits lower. I have it on the 2nd highest with the air screw turned in all the way. Idk where I can get replacement parts for these clone it's a 12a of that helps you with guiding me in the right direction. If it's so lean why is it 4stroking or piping and sputtering like that? Youd think it would drone when I start getting lean

You are trying to do waaaay too many changes all at once as I have read in your many posts all over the place...You need to slow down and do just one modification at a time and see how things work...Your all over the map here and all you will have to show for it is a bike that won't run or runs very badly...Slow down...Take your time and listen to any advice that some of the seasoned pros in here will give you...Just as a child growing up, he first learns to crawl, then he learns to walk before he ever learns to run on track teams at high school or the Boston Marathon...lol...All runners in a race learn to pace themselves before they can ever achieve victory...DAMIEN

I agree with you difficult to sum up everything in a short paragraph lol. I was going to mention some of my problems are from the tuning process. It's the first bike I've really put money into.

Back