Comments on plug color

The 38mm with the Reed pipe and carb is going on the 24" bummer I like the torque from the 40mm.

Look like she's going to go on here. I'm excited to use this bike I just didn't want to because it my back up to pedal when I need oh well. I do have a replacement 50mm airfliter to replace this one. I'm excited I don't disagree they do still run nice with the nt just couldn't make it seal on the 24"
Did your kit come with a piece of flat plate to make an alternate mount?

Yes , it looks lean as f***. Thing is... This is 1 notch below center on a 5 notch needle. Previously (I wish I had taken a picture!) it was the perfect tea colored brown after a 30 minute drive on this same setting. Maybe the engine is still breaking in? I'm at 156km (97ish miles).

I was a moron and thought the higher the clip the more rich, however it's the opposite obviously. So I ran it at 1 notch down from center for a bit, then ran it and the center notch and the plug was WHITE ( not gray like the pics). Then I realized my mistake and changed it back to 1 notch down from center. Didn't clean the plug in between so maybe that's why it's still gray/white. I'm thinking I may try the lowest notch.

I'm at around 200m above sea level , despite being damn near middle of the continent. (Southern Ontario).

EDIT: I don't cruise at WOT, I cruise at around 3/4 roughly. WOT is too fast for me for a china special bike.

Attachments

• 20220604_225731.jpg
    20220604_225731.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 103
Yes , it looks lean as f***. Thing is... This is 1 notch below center on a 5 notch needle. Previously (I wish I had taken a picture!) it was the perfect tea colored brown after a 30 minute drive on this same setting. Maybe the engine is still breaking in? I'm at 156km (97ish miles).

I was a moron and thought the higher the clip the more rich, however it's the opposite obviously. So I ran it at 1 notch down from center for a bit, then ran it and the center notch and the plug was WHITE ( not gray like the pics). Then I realized my mistake and changed it back to 1 notch down from center. Didn't clean the plug in between so maybe that's why it's still gray/white. I'm thinking I may try the lowest notch.

I'm at around 200m above sea level , despite being damn near middle of the continent. (Southern Ontario).
Check your float level and for air leaks, it shouldn't go that grey from one notch.

Check your float level and for air leaks, it shouldn't go that grey from one notch.
I have checked for air leaks, but haven't checked the float level yet. That's a tomorrow job.

It has a tendency to idle high after long periods of 3/4 throttle. But if I do short runs (500ft / 1000ft) it drops back to normal idle. It's only after long runs of maybe 3 or 4 miles at 3/4 throttle the idle stays high for awhile. Idk. I've shoved the damn carb into the intake tube using a pry bar while tightening it down so I doubt there's and air leak there. Also I made my own intake gasket and applied alight coating of gasket sealer. Like I've done with almost every car I've ever owned and never had intake problems so I doubt that's it.

EDIT: I also check the torque of the intake bolts and exhaust bolts before I take her out to make sure they're not loose.

I'm going to clean the plug and run again to get a true reading. I feel like the grayness is from before when it was on the middle notch.

I have checked for air leaks, but haven't checked the float level yet. That's a tomorrow job.

It has a tendency to idle high after long periods of 3/4 throttle. But if I do short runs (500ft / 1000ft) it drops back to normal idle. It's only after long runs of maybe 3 or 4 miles at 3/4 throttle the idle stays high for awhile. Idk. I've shoved the damn carb into the intake tube using a pry bar while tightening it down so I doubt there's and air leak there. Also I made my own intake gasket and applied alight coating of gasket sealer. Like I've done with almost every car I've ever owned and never had intake problems so I doubt that's it.

EDIT: I also check the torque of the intake bolts and exhaust bolts before I take her out to make sure they're not loose.
Just carry a squirt bottle with a little water in it when you go on longer runs and if it idles high give it a little shot around the connections.

Just carry a squirt bottle with a little water in it when you go on longer runs and if it idles high give it a little shot around the connections.
Damn that's a good idea. I should mention it never got hotter than 250F on the jug or head.

Back