community opinion

tombenn444

Local time
6:45 AM
i lost my mom to cancer yesterday and I'm having trouble dealing with it. just lost dad to the same thing two years ago. times like this I dive into my work and ride to cope with it all and my bike needs a serious rebuild. I'm gonna reshape the frame to be a bit longer. I realize I'll have to cut and weld. what direction would u go with this frame? engine is a yd100 with jackshaft it's a 27" Schwinn but I'm using 26" wheels. thank u and im looking forward to reading amy of your opinions

Attachments

• IMG_20220904_185541600.jpg
    IMG_20220904_185541600.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 142
Sorry about that, it's hard to lose people.

Honestly, I would find a cruiser with thick frame tubes and start there. That bike would seemingly need supports weled every where! It so skinny!

I try to stay on top craigslist for a donation bike, cheap, maybe a little work needed. Work for trade , pull some weeds for a couple hours, etc for someone's bike that's been sitting for a while.

I know it's not the answer you may be looking for, but just my insight..

Hey man... I lost my mom to kidney failure ... or was it heart failure ... or was it lung failure ... well, she came back home for 14 hours then passed... on Wednesday August 24th after 8 months of hell. I know EXACTLY where you are coming from my friend... exactly.

It gets easier with time...

...at least that's what they tell me.

:(

appreciate that y'all. first thing I wanna do is reinforce the frame obviously. I got the welder for the night, a new box of rods, plenty of scrap bikes, and an indescribably deep itch to ride the thing that results from this only thing I lack is the imagination

ok so I've been brainstorming and wat if... instead of dealing with the jackshaft brackets I welded a hub behind the seat tube to serve on it's place? then weld mounting plates to the front of the seat tube and as well as on the down tube for the engine mind u this will be after reinforcing. for that I was planning on taking similar frame pipe cut it down the middle and weld that down the backbone. probably do the same technique with the swingarm too.

Swingarm, backbone what is that??? The top tube, down tube, seat tube, head tube, bottom bracket tube, seat stay, chain stay, dropouts, and bosses are the basic parts of a bicycle frame.

1st rough draft. still have to lengthen and attach the seat stays and lengthen and reinforce the chain stays. thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_20220906_224716808.jpg
    IMG_20220906_224716808.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 128
heres it is at this moment. still need to touch up and clean the welds remove what's left of paint rust then weld on the engine and jackshaft mounts then paint it. but so far I like the direction it's going

Attachments

• IMG_20220909_031813414.jpg
    IMG_20220909_031813414.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 114
Back