Commuters, What is Your Daily Gear?

littletinman

Local time
3:52 PM
Hi All,

So here is my question: what do you guys commute with?

Bike: I have an old Pacifica Scorpio MTB With street tires
Engine: Two stroke chain driven china
Tools: have a set of bike tools, allen wrenches, adjustable wrenches, tire repair kit, pump, spare tube, and high mileage engine oil for keeping gears lubed (yes, it works really well)
Clothes: For the morning (7:30am leave time) I wear a long sleeve shirt with jeans and tennis shoes. For the ride home I wear t-shirt and jeans, and tennis shoes. I wear a reflective vest as well.
Miles: 4 miles each way.

Your turn!

Bike:
Engine:
Tools:
Clothes:
Miles:

Bike: schwinn jaguar 7 speed

Engine: unknown size/brand two stroke

Tools: allan set, crescent wrench and a thing of nail polish, to use as a thread locker. (hey, it works)

Clothes: heavy denim pants, skateboard shoes (aka emergency brakes) my zip up hoodie and my hat.

Miles: about twenty a day, I usually ride around the neighborhood and pretty much do the same thing the american pickers do.

My typical day also covers about twenty miles.

Bike: 80s Raleigh Technium
Engine: Chain drive HT
Tools: Basic tools in a canvas bag
Clothes: Dressed for the weather forecast, orange reflective vest, GLOVES and HELMET.
Miles: 7 miles on paved streets round trip to/from work. Another 10 to 15 miles running errands or just fooling around! :D

Hi All,

So here is my question: what do you guys commute with?

Bike: I have an old Pacifica Scorpio MTB With street tires
Engine: Two stroke chain driven china
Tools: have a set of bike tools, allen wrenches, adjustable wrenches, tire repair kit, pump, spare tube, and high mileage engine oil for keeping gears lubed (yes, it works really well)
Clothes: For the morning (7:30am leave time) I wear a long sleeve shirt with jeans and tennis shoes. For the ride home I wear t-shirt and jeans, and tennis shoes. I wear a reflective vest as well.
Miles: 4 miles each way.

Your turn!

Bike:
Engine:
Tools:
Clothes:
Miles:

Long wheelbase Cruiser with 48cc Grubee
i carry tire pump cresant wrench and hex key set for the commute to work and back.
i live in Phoenix so tee shirt in the AM and afternoon is long sleeve shirt bandanas over head and face and i soak the shirt to keep cool for at least part of the ride.
Work is 15 miles each way, school is 3.5. i figure i'm riding about 100 miles plus a week. i'm buying a gallon of gas once a week so can't be much more than that. i'm working 12 to 20 hrs a week while i'm in school.......i couldn't live on that if i owned a car :D

You guys need to ditch those big air pumps and get some CO2/N2 inflators.

Bike: Cranbrook
Engine: 66cc china
Tools: 10mm, 14mm, 15mm, 19mm, stubby phillip's, tire levers, tube and aforementioned inflator with a couple refills
Clothes: Helly Hansen urethane paints and packable rain jacket, ball cap and amber glasses. Tools and rain gear go in a backpack.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
my pump is about that size 7 inches or so. That inflator does look like something useful though

my ride is a CCM comfort bike,its a mountain bike if you ask me,66 cc skyhawk no mods.
misc tools to pull chain,and to fix whatever loosens up.
raincoat,backpack with my lunch,gloves,helmet and safety glasses.the vest is a great idea,i will need to get one.only problem is i wanted to keep a low profile,as i'm the only one in town riding a MAB.

Bike: 1950's Humber 3-speed
Engine: Honda GX35 (BMP FD)
Tools: Screwdriver, adjustable wrench, multi-tool, (plastic) tire irons, xtra tube, big-a** hardened steel chain/trailer lock
Clothes: Normal work-wear (for me, anyway) - khakis, shirt, leather loafers, bike gloves, DOT motorcycle helmet, backpack, jacket if cool in AM; other outerwear as seasonal
Miles: 4.5 one-way - I only commute on the bike in nice weather

Bike: Schwinn Legacy cruiser
Engine: Grubee Skyhawk 66cc
Tools: hand pump, screwdrivers, bike lock (still need to have a tire repair kit)
Clothes: nothing fancy, t-shirt and short, sneakers, wind-proof sunglasses, and a novelty biker helmet. Since i work in an office with a certain dress code, I carry my work shirt/slacks/a pair of extra socks in my bag.
Miles: 10 miles round trip

Hi all,

Bike: Schwinn World Avenue One Commuter Bike

Engine: Robin Subaru EHO35A (33.5 cc) Four Cycle Engine (friction drive)

Tools: I carry a small bag with allen wrenches, adjustable end wrench, two screw drivers, spare tube, air pump, a few zip ties.

Clothes: Jeans, t-shirt, tennis shoes.

Safety equipment: Helmet, reflective vest (esp. at nite), mirror on the helmet, blinky on rear (It's on all the time)

Miles: 10 miles (round trip)

Bike 2.jpg

Last edited:
Back