Compatable Speedometer (Finally)

I dunno about your specific problem, but some other d00d mentioned he had to put some rubber between the battery & the removable plastic cover because it pops out while riding.

I'm thinkin' that I've got to get a Cateye. I've seen some on Ebay that I think would work (the "minis"), but what style do you guys have (wildemere and Alan)?

I'd appreciate the response because I'm very frustrated and would like to stick with the digital ones because of accuracy and all the neat functions...

Thanks!

I bought a Bell brand at Fred Meyer here in Washington State for $16 and it seems to work fine. After reading this thread I thought I might have problems but it works.

I'm thinkin' that I've got to get a Cateye. I've seen some on Ebay that I think would work (the "minis"), but what style do you guys have (wildemere and Alan)?

I'd appreciate the response because I'm very frustrated and would like to stick with the digital ones because of accuracy and all the neat functions...

Thanks!

Jared,

Mine is the Cateye Velo 2. I guess you'd call it a mini, as it's approximately one and a half inches square. I'm not sure if it's still available, as it's over twelve years old, but on ebay, you are bound to find it.

- Al

I just tested out a new one from Target for 10.95. It hasn't reset yet, for the last 4 hours.
So far it's working perfectly.

Target
Back Trails 4 function computer. (yes only 4 - Speed, trip meter, odometer, auto trip timer)

so you're suggesting that the speedos stop working cos of the shoddy battery connection? interesting.... my cheap thing (fresh from hong kong, courtesy of ebay) worked the first time i strapped it on for a bit, then stopped. i zip-tied it onto my brake cable (far less vibration)and the problem is much worse... i tihnk i will try to ship in that red one that's mentioned earlier

I'm anxiously awaiting my Cateye speedo here. I found it on Ebay for around $32 with shipping. I'm really crossing my fingers on this one because I really would like to stick with a digital, but if I can't get this one to work, I just may go to an analog speedo.

One thing I did find out from a neighbor is that the "magneto" on our bikes is what's causing the EMI. I took my speedo out of the bracket to try it while the engine was running, and sure enough, anytime it got close or came in contact with any metal parts on the bike, the speedo reset...

I guess we'll see if the Cateye can alleviate my frustration...when it comes in the mail that is.

Back