Compatable Speedometer (Finally)

I was having to reset the $10 Schwinn Speedos after every startup and intermittantly while riding.Have 3 differant ones on 3 bikes.Tried swapping between bikes.Same results.So that ruled out a lot of things.Was on SBP and saw a plug wire that was stated that in no way would interfere with your speedo.Have tried on 2 bikes.Speedos have'nt missed a beat since installing the plug wires.

I made my own spark plug wire out of a peice of an 8 m.m. accell superstock resistor plug wire. the plug wire that comes with most 2 stroke motors are junk.

speedo

the computers dont last very long,iv had the same prob with starting and blanking out.i put a clip-on emi filter and it keep,s them working for 400km,im on my 3rd now and always get the warrentied ones so i can return them.

iv fixed this problem a few years ago and stopped buying the cheap $14 speedo,s.i got a vdo c2 speedo for $27 from mec.has a nice list of functions including max speed,has 2 bike function so it,s transferable.with emi filter it,s got 9000kms on it.3 engines and 3 batterys later and it still works 100%.

Back