Complete beginner excited to get started!

KoozyK

Local time
6:43 AM
I've never done any kind of mechanical/electrical tinkering, but this has gotten me really excited! This site is great from what I've read. hopefully I won't have to use the resources too much, but at least I know it's here if I need it thanks to all the pros sitting around.

I'm looking to put a kit engine (most likely 80cc) on a cruiser bike and I'm open to any suggestions. Keep in mind, the easier it is to mount the kit to the frame, the better. I was thinking about using one of those Wal-Mart Kulana Moon Dogs as the basis of design and slap on the engine kit. Does anyone have anything negative to say about that?

A little about me. I'm a civil engineer, and not afraid of getting my hands dirty or reading a lot of resources on how to do something. I was to make this thing right and look good. Take my time and hopefully have it done before gas gets too high!

I found a couple guides online, but if anyone has any resources they can share, the help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again. I hope to get some great ideas and suggestions.

Tim

Thanks! I read that last night and helped me understand the scene a little more.

I actually started a little blog to keep track of the whole process. Planning, parts buying, assembly and any troubleshooting I may have. I'll come here of course if I have any problems, but everyone is welcome to tag along and give advice over there.

Tim

Hi KoozyK. Welcome to MBc!

If you search and are unable to find your answers, don't hesitate to post your question. Someone will steer you to a link, or reply to your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :D

Back