complications and decisions, decisions, decisions....

I'm not sure, I put a link to the bottom bracket kit on this thread, and since it's apart right now, anyway, here is what I am working with. It's supposed to be the SBP kit, and I didn't buy it from China.

Well, guess I won't be posting any pictures, I tried but it's not doing it.
Oh that one from the first post? Yeah I told you the bearings look like crap. :rolleyes:
Try putting pics in the media section. Make an album. :)

Resolution was too high, lets see if that does it...... nnnn.jpg tixed.jpg nnnn.jpg

At this point, I really want to start over, keeping the electric hub motor, but going with a Predator and a Comet CVT. I'll still finish this one, though.

The mounting bracket in this kit was in so many pieces, I welded it together, so it's painted primer grey. I had to work that to fit, I took some off so that I could get more up and down movement to adjust everything right.

I noticed that there are two different versions of the jackshaft kit, one with a folded main bracket, and the one like I have, that the bracket comes in 3 pieces. The folded one supports the input sprocket of the shaft on the inside, behind the sprocket, while the one I have goes on over the sprocket, and supports it from the outside, which is better, I think. It makes alignment of the input sprocket really easy, and supports it better. It also makes getting the tension on that chain easy enough, I don't think the other way leaves any room for adjustment of that.

I noticed that there are two different versions of the jackshaft kit, one with a folded main bracket, and the one like I have, that the bracket comes in 3 pieces. The folded one supports the input sprocket of the shaft on the inside, behind the sprocket, while the one I have goes on over the sprocket, and supports it from the outside, which is better, I think. It makes alignment of the input sprocket really easy, and supports it better. It also makes getting the tension on that chain easy enough, I don't think the other way leaves any room for adjustment of that.
There's the Shift Kit from Sick Bike Parts and there's a Chinese knockoff of the original, old, obsolete, defunct version of the Shift Kit usually called / sold as jackshaft kit. Where did you buy your kit from?
Are you sure it's a SBP product?
I was looking at it thinking "the left hand side plate third bearing and chain tensioner support is on upside down", and then I noticed that the right hand side plate is separate too.. now you say there's no bearing or support inboard of the LHS sprocket?! :eek::(

This is the one I got, and I have nothing but good things to say about the seller, they have been very friendly, and very helpful.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/jackshaft-for-2-stroke-66-80cc-motor-bike/162690206474?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I think a lot of the issues I have had stem from the fact that I couldn't use the tapered shaft that came with the kit, I had to use the one from the one piece crank bottom bracket adapter. But I just got it all back together, so now it's time to take a test ride.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back