Compression loss at valve cover ?????????? Need Help :(

Marhsall

Local time
3:51 AM
Found hole in crank case, sealed it, adjusted valves .004 ex and .003 intake. Started it up and noticed loosing a lot of compression out from under valve cover. You can just feel it hitting your hand. I was told by
Husqvarna mechanic when inquiring about if they stocked Honda parts that there shouldn't be compression at the valves, as most engines haven't been that way for a while and to just use gasket maker. I did order a gasket anyway, although it was paper thin, compared to the one that was originally there. I used the Black gasket maker as well. So should I or shouldn't I have pressure under the valve cover. I took it off and it's coming out of a tubeish thing. Bike does run, but can't climb a small hill and gets hot and looses power way to fast. Huanshang 49cc....... Oh I did adjust valves cold at top dead center, unsure what stroke. But if the valves are both closed I don't see that as really mattering, But then I don't have a clue what I'm doing. lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

either the valves seals are shot or your crankshaft seals are bad

Well I broke down and tore it apart, Very stupid design on these motors. Why they made the head part of the block and not a separate piece is just beyond me, I guess they just wanted to make it difficult so people wouldn't rebuild them. trying to figure out how to remove crank and piston this very second. It's really to bad everyone seems to be out of these motors.

The design is smart.
You will have alternating pressure under the valve cover.

Back