Compression meter says 0...

Ahh OK, I hope you getting running soon (y)
Just today got some starter fluid, took the ebike out. Does 30mph well, and 25mph on a very steep hill. I am impressed because my predator engine pusher build went to 15mph on that hill... But i no longer have that pusher, b/c one time the axle broke at 30mph, and then i just discountinued the project and let it sit outside the garage...

What's the starter fluid for? You have a diesel bike lol? Aren't e bikes sweet? I dont take my gas bike out as much. Sounds like somethings up with your predator build like maybe geared wrong or possibly the low compression. That engine should have 3&½ times the power of that ebike.

What's the starter fluid for? You have a diesel bike lol?
i am going to start the engine without the gas or carb hooked up. Just on a test bench... This way i can eliminate variables. It was 3 dollars, but i would then know the engine is getting fuel, and rule out the possiblity of a carb leak etc......

Just today got some starter fluid, took the ebike out. Does 30mph well, and 25mph on a very steep hill. I am impressed because my predator engine pusher build went to 15mph on that hill... But i no longer have that pusher, b/c one time the axle broke at 30mph, and then i just discountinued the project and let it sit outside the garage...
what this is new news to you guys.... lol, i posted about it like 6 months ago... I wasnt hurt at all. The trailer wobbled all over the place and decellrated but didn;t flip and the bike didn't flip either so i stayed upright.

Without compression your engine won't have vacuum and your carburetor won't draw fuel.
i have some compression, just really really low..... I will try and hack together a gasket.... What torque specs to crank the head???? If i had a tig welder, i would weld the head to the cylinder house, but i just have a dc stick machine, and aluminum welding rods are crap on stick.... I just tested spark today, and i get spark via the plug against the case makes blue light when sprocket is drill turned

If you know your gauge works, it's time to take off the cylinder and check the rings. You're really not supposed to spray starter fluid directly into the port like that without any gas and oil for lubrication and you risk the pretty good chances of it spewing back lit and lighting your hand on fire lol. Be careful and don't let it blow up in your garage.

If you know your gauge works, it's time to take off the cylinder and check the rings. You're really not supposed to spray starter fluid directly into the port like that without any gas and oil for lubrication and you risk the pretty good chances of it spewing back lit and lighting your hand on fire lol. Be careful and don't let it blow up in your garage.
i checked the rings they are new. The kit never ran.... I installed them so the gap lines up with the notches in the piston head.....

Back