Confirm this: New 2000 WC1 Stator Issue

unoahguy

Local time
5:33 AM
I just bought a non-running WC1 2000. The guy said he put about 500 miles on it over a year and then let it sit for a week. After that it wouldn't work. He's guessing there's a stator issue. I think I agree. I independently switched the coil, CDI, and spark plug from my working bike to this one and still no spark at all. (Also disconnected the kill switch) However, I am getting a headlight and horn when pedaling. Confirmed stator issue?

I just bought a non-running WC1 2000. The guy said he put about 500 miles on it over a year and then let it sit for a week. After that it wouldn't work. He's guessing there's a stator issue. I think I agree. I independently switched the coil, CDI, and spark plug from my working bike to this one and still no spark at all. (Also disconnected the kill switch) However, I am getting a headlight and horn when pedaling. Confirmed stator issue?
Does your bike have a battery? If not then you wouldn't get any lights or horn.

Even with a dead battery, when pedaling your headlight works so your stator is good.
You had this no start issue with your other Whizzer. Check your notes
Maybe ya should talk with Quenton again. He seemed to figure out in 10 seconds what was wrong last time.

Do us a favor and let us know how ya fix it OK (y)

Change the spark plug, I've never seen a stater go bad. Plug or coil most of the time.

Ray

Last edited:
Lol the guy bought a s**tty carb and the throttle was stuck closed. Replaced it and BOOM fires up!

Lol the guy bought a sh**ty carb and the throttle was stuck closed. Replaced it and BOOM fires

Nice, with the carb, main jet should be a #78 don't run the motor lean. Slow idle jet should be a #35 or #38 whizzers like air.
Run the motor with 7 ounces of oil, helps to not spit out oil. Make sure head bolts are tight, ride 😁

Ray

Back