Confused texan here =p

reista

Local time
2:30 AM
Joined to discuss the happenings of http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=15421&page=12 pretty much- (i figured i could give some proper legislative speak) but i will most likely be perusing the entire forum as well- For starters- My names Patrick Texas born and raised and I've always been into mechanical things (made a few sterling engines and a ton of electrical ones) and love ummm.. "real life hacking"? For instance, using a 1.5hp garbage disposal for a motor =p Hope to see you all around =D:helmet:

Ah yes! I'm planning on mounting a 49cc to my GT Alterra with 3" Kujo Redwalls

Last edited:
Welcome.....as a fellow Texan let me encourage you to remain confused. The legal system is confused right now, and if we find clarity it might not be a good thing.

True. Or we may find solace (not likely) I'm now looking into essentially stealthing the bike motor and quieting it down- possible adding side plates to my bicycle or by putting it on a bike rack and covering it with some sort of contraption that looks normal. Not being seen will always be the best way to avoid being caught (legal or not. besides, stealthy is a cool trait is it not?) But it does seem a little suspicious if i -did- get pulled over =p like i knew it was wrong.

Why hide? As I said, right now the legal system is confused as to what we are.....let it ride, dont cause trouble and enjoy the ride. If anything ever happens ask for a jury trial. Takes alot to convince 12 people that you broke the law by riding a bicycle that you modified.

hah true. Especially if the kill switch is used often. I still think stealth would be cool =p but mostly just for looks, and it would likely decrease theft (think of something around the area of batman's tumbler plates)

If you want to avoid encounters with the police, electric assist is better. However, I don't think you can get the garbage disposal motor (120VAC) to work well on a bicycle.
I avoid the law by avoiding commercial areas. The deputies in neighborhood areas pay me no mind. If stopped by the law, I plan to use the "Goped" defense.
Look forward to seeing the things you build.

Back