Confused

Andres

Local time
12:24 PM
So I purchased these cdi from King Motor Bike.I plugged the cable an there was no spark.Can some one tell me how the cables go

Attachments

• 1482606382109-1218140462.jpg
    1482606382109-1218140462.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 166
So I purchased these cdi from King Motor Bike.I plugged the cable an there was no spark.Can some one tell me how the cables go
You have the black and red wires switched on the coil, swap them and hook blue to blue and the black to black for the engine output wires.

Or its garbage like a lot of stuff they sell.

Last edited:
You have the black and red wires switched on the coil, swap them and hook blue to blue and the black to black for the engine output wires.

So I have to cut the wires and hope its not garbage

Attachments

• 1482613252342557326576.jpg
    1482613252342557326576.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 123
That`s the same cdi I run. It works either way red/black( -/+), or black/red(-/+). I swapped the black/red to suit my own wiring configuration. Bought three of them, and all still working. Another connection causing the problem perhaps?

How are you mounting your coil? If you are using the post opposite of the red wire connector to mount to the frame it is grounding out. I'm not sure of the KMB cdi's, but all of my perf. cdi's have red wire to the spade connector black wire to post.

A coil works by collapsing the field. It will spark even if hooked up backwards!

Yes, if you mount the coil by the two ground bolt holes to your frame you will have to change the red and black terminals. That`s why I changed mine, it seemed to have no impact on performance in either combination...both did work though.
best luck with it.

Back