Considering Lifan engine: 50cc & 3 spd & CHEAP

• Thread starter custom_tecumseh
  • Start date
The idea of 3 gears and the low price got my attention, let's see if these specifications get anyone elses attention..:D

Site that sells these: http://www.rnrfabrication.com/lifanengine.htm

http://i21.ebayimg.com/02/i/01/e8/1a/e6_3.JPG

50cc Engine Specs:
Type: 4-Stroke single-cylinder OHC air cooled
Bore & Stroke: 39 X 41.4mm
Compression ratio: 9.0 : 1
Displacement: 49cc
Max. HP: 3.0 HP @ 7,500 RPM
Max. Torque: 2.0 ftlbs @ 5,500 RPM
Carburetor: 19mm Walbro Standard of Japan
Idle: 1,500 RPM
Starter: Kick Start
Spark plug: A7TC or NGK C6HSA
Plug Gap: .28 or 0.6-0.8mm
Ignition system: CDI
Lubrication: Pressure / Splash
Oil capacity: .8L (10w-30)
Measurements: 17" x 10 1/4" x 8 1/4"
Weight 41 Pounds

Clutch: Unicycle Shift Auto
Gears: 3 speed

Magneto: Permanent magnetic
Voltage: 12 Volt
Engine: Has charging coil

There is also a 70cc rated at 5.3 hp @ 9,500rpm
and larger engines...

Although this kit may be on the heavy side of things, and in some circumstances it could be considered a motorcycle. I wanted to see what the community would think of it. I think this engine would be ideal if there could be a frame designed to house the engine, and still have room for pedals :)

ya it,s heavy and wide,you get around the heavy factor by lowering the motor in the frame{make own downtube}better cornering.as far a wide is id get the biggest engine with the same size{might as well make it worth your wile}.i also see broken spokes remember it has a trany the torque will be mulipled.

I would bet that having a 3-speed transmisison would boost the effectiveness of even a 50cc 4-stroke immensely--but yes, it's probably not going to clamp on to a regular bicycle frame.

The way I did the bike I'm working on right now has the engine under the seat (more or less) and the pedals pushed way forward. It would look more "authentic" with the engine forward, but if you're using a rear coaster brake you want to keep your feet on the pedals, and having the pedals closer to the seat is not as comfortable to ride as having them pushed way forward.
~

Back