Conversion of Chinese Belt Drive to 4:1 with Grubee 80T Pulley

• Thread starter Deleted Member 4613
  • Start date
Here's the complete conversion usng a Grubee 80T pulley with a
D&D 510-5M-15 timing belt. The bike is upgraded with a #41 chain,
a kicked up carb, and a 4 stroke muffler from Bike Berry. It is very
quiet and top speed is about 32 mph. Here's the required belt
for this mod: This is the Chinese 53cc 4 stroke, stepped 15mm shaft.
Also conversion from brass bushing to Olite.
motorized Schwinn 53cc 4 stroke 2.JPG
Motorized Schwinn 53cc 4 stroke.JPG

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
More riding, I am so impressed how quiet this bike is. Maybe I'll make a
video to show how quiet it is. Is there such a thing a being too quiet? And plenty
of power.

More riding, I am so impressed how quiet this bike is. Maybe I'll make a
video to show how quiet it is. Is there such a thing a being too quiet? And plenty
of power.
Only if you find yourself in the blind spot of a Prius driver

Here’s what I’m using as a horn on all my bikes.

Battery
Horn
Switch

I wired the horn to the kill switch that comes with the throttle. It’s the closest to my thumb at all times, so quick to trigger. It also has thicker gauge wires.

The switch I linked you serves as a light switch if desired and comes with a horn, which would be the kill switch if you go that route.

The horn has a little screw in the back. You’ll have to adjust it a few turns for your desired pitch/loudness.

I commute to work every day and the horn saved me many times. It’s adequately loud!

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Here’s what I’m using as a horn on all my bikes.

Battery
Horn
Switch

I wired the horn to the kill switch that comes with the throttle. It’s the closest to my thumb at all times, so quick to trigger. It also has thicker gauge wires.

The switch I linked you serves as a light switch if desired and comes with a horn, which would be the kill switch if you go that route.

The horn has a little screw in the back. You’ll have to adjust it a few turns for your desired pitch/loudness.

I commute to work every day and the horn saved me many times. It’s adequately loud!
Thanks. I like the horns, and I can run them on a 2 cell 1500 mah rc liFe battery which puts out about 7 volts.
And I have several switches I can use. Think this is a good solution.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back