Cool idea (my current bike project)

The GEBE sheave is also plastic so I’m sure I’d have to replace it eventually. Flex between the plastic and the spokes I’m sure isn’t good for alignment. I want to put together a regular commuting bike so I’ll have to be good on maintenance. I’ll need to go 20 miles a day. I’ll save money on gas because I can’t get any better than 16mpg. I barely see any cops except for when in the town so that’s good.

monthly maintenance is a + on a commuter or more if you're puttin on 75-100 miles/wk,, you know bikes pretty well. grease em, check chain n stuff. just get thick stuff u know wont bend on a bump and can handle some throttle. I ride my 700c only 300 miles a year, for long trips 50+miles and Im in it 2 or 3x a summer with a wrench bcs it's light and stuff is a little flexy,, but last 200 miles nothing failed or got sketchy bc I had good stuff on it by trial and error in 2 rebuilds. wish I had fenders! got caught in a downpour twice!

Looking at those hubs again, How can you be sure what size hub you need? if you get a different length hub does that mean different length spokes? would it be a good idea just to measure the stock hub?

The clutch I have is still bolted to the Subaru. Someone did indeed use loctite on the clutch bolts so I need a torch or else I'm going to strip them with the allen key. Either I get the clutch off or I buy a separate one for $110 from GEBE. Don't think I'm going that route. I can either start saving for a real motorcycle or keep tinkering with these. Money doesn't grow on trees. One thing's for sure my patience with CG's has run out. The Subaru can go about 28mph from what I've heard but the clone 2 stroke can get in the 30's supposedly. I definitely want to use the subaru but that might be firther down the road.

This is what I’ve collected so far minus the bike itself. I will get the schwinn I was talking about but plan on getting a different front fork as well as use rear disc brake if possible (I have a caliper). The golden eagle clutch should bolt up fine. I'll need to build a wheel(s). Possibly novatec hubs.

Last edited:
I've found it more profitable to talk to a wall at times. At this point I'll get ignored anyways. Unless you find a girl that's into cars and stuff. That's a rare occasion. I had an auto tech class and there was 1 girl in it. I find it very draining to become interested in someone and have your effort amount to nothing. Girls are practically blind to guy talk or mechanical knowledge at times. That's the most annoying part. Trying to relate to someone you can't relate to is like trying to be friends with the teacher at school that you like the least. Sometimes I feel like I'm from outer space but at the same time it's almost like the entire female gender is. I have a job and somewhere to stay for now. I'm at the point where if I think about talking to a female I stop myself because of literal fear. There's no way I'm going to pay a dating site just to go and get hurt by someone. I can do that s**t for free. I don't go to college or plan on it and I have no real way of meeting people except online. It's not a priority for me but yes I wish there would be someone that wouldn't treat me like sh*t and lie to me. Either that or they ignore me or friend zone me. The worst is someone who you've been talking to for a while that you can tell has been acting weird. Anyways lets just talk about bikes.

Last edited:
I got a secret no one will tell you. Stop looking. I'm not saying stop taking showers and don't socialize anymore lol but really when it's supposed to happen it will happen. Just be yourself and be confident in yourself. If a girl doesn't like you for you then don't waste time money and effort on her. You can still hang out just let her buy her own drinks.

Back