Cool idea (my current bike project)

Update: tank arrived just need battery and the electrical stuff. Don’t really want to use turn signals made out of that chromed toy plastic stuff so I’ll source something better. I also don’t know if I should use the clutch from the Subaru or buy a different clutch. Either way I won’t pay $110 for a clutch. I might modify a pocket bike clutch and make some brackets. The pocket bike clutch is really unconcentric and wobbles a ton I think the bell or bearing is garbage either that or the place for the bearing is out of center.
84AD0BF0-F418-4069-AD8D-AB709DDE7C03.jpeg

Last edited:
Update: Bought a battery for the starter. I'm going to have a fun time with wiring (sarcasm). I have an idea what bike I'd like to use but not sure if it will work with the setup I have. As curtis said on the "will a GEBE kit fit on a mongoose dolomite" thread the belt may not clear 3 inch wide tires. The bike I'm looking at has dual disc brakes but I don't see the sheave affecting the disc brake. Maybe if I use a less wide tire (2.50) on the rear it would work. Still waiting to hear back from golden eagle bike engines. I want to use a 203mm front disc. I think there's a Shimano adapter that makes it go from 160/180mm to 203?. I also want to get a street fighter style headlight and some good turn signals. This could be a a cool little commuting moped. I think I'm going to focus on one build at a time.

SLA? heavy little suckers they r lol. but cheap.. I got a $3 waterproof box from China for mine and mounted it on the rear rack but wish I could've mounted it lower. now I have 4 Lipo's with a regulator n saved like 5lbs but it's ~$50 vs $25 for the SLA

It’s like a little 12v multi purpose scooter battery lead acid. Planning on mounting it longways in the bike frame. I decided I’m going to use a stainless 203mm shimano disc with a shimano 160mm-203mm adapter. Was thinking about wheels and hubs and I want to try to get some 12 gauge spokes and some alloy hubs with sealed bearings. The bike I’m getting is a 21 speed but I doubt I’ll use all the gears so might convert it to a 7 speed or something. One thing I’ve learned is if you don’t build it right it’s not reliable. That’s why I’m going to buy better made parts from now on. Basically I want to turn a mountain bike into an electric start moped with all the bells and whistles hopefully that way I can get a plate. Who would have thought during the Korean War we were fighting China but now we use all their goods which are for the most part horrible. We fought Japan too but they don’t leech off other countries’ designs and do it poorly I might add.
AE068539-2352-4FEB-AB11-C97C08D409F4.jpeg

Last edited:
This is going to be a cool little bike. I kinda want rear disc too but a 180. Idk all I know is I want it to look professional. I’ll seal up the electrical stuff probably in a box near or with the battery and silicone anything that’s in the open and hopefully I can use the horn that was on the mini chopper. Hopefully this engine runs better than the CG.

Last edited:
Went to the bike store and saw some GIANT dual disc mountain bikes. They look good and they’re already setup with a suntour fork. $400 seems pretty steep for my budget but a lot of the parts on the bike look better than on Walmart bikes. I wouldn’t want to weld any brackets on something so pricey though and they’re aluminum. I asked the guy about better hubs for the Schwinn and he said a good bike will be in the $350 or more range. I don’t think I’m going to get the Schwinn. The bracket for the motor might not fit on the thicker rear chainstays of the giant though. They are also 27.5 so I don’t think the GEBE sheave would work as well as the wheel having 32 spokes I would have to buy the different sheave. The bike I was looking at was yellow so it would match my Subaru. It also has some blue which would match the blue air filter I have. Does anyone know any dual disc bikes in the $300 range?

Last edited:
You are better off getting the Velocity 105G wheel from GEBE with your kit and have them professionally mount the drive ring. That is what I did. A standard wheel with 14 Guage spokes will only last so long with the GEBE kit.

I think the drive gear is an 11 tooth from the clutch I have. I have a 12 gauge drive ring then one for a regular spokes wheel. The Subaru on the $400 bike would make it a really valuable bike. It would also match the color of the bike I was looking at. I’m ready to build a nice motorized bike. I wasn’t planning on using regular spokes though anyways. The Mitsubishi clone is made in China and I’d rather put that on a low buck bike. Have some thinking to do. Anyways just got this puppy in the mail today.
2BE7E6F7-B2E1-45D4-BD3A-0BB8ED73A9B1.jpeg

Does anyone know any good sealed bearing 36h hubs with disc brake holes? Also is it possible to use a 26 inch rear wheel on a 27.5 or 700c bike?

Back