Cool idea (my current bike project)

I put the plastic guard on the other side might stop some stuff. It’s offset a little. I’ll clean the filter every once in a while. The throttle breaks up on wot. It seems every 2 stroke runs bad here but 4 strokes have no problems. Odd

it's always fine tuning best ya can these simpler carbs. probably the needle setting is rich if it's blubbery at wot but I'd live with it until it's broke in.
that's probly the only pipe that isn't funky on a rack mount! haha

Ya the engine is probably 10 ish years old. I checked the piston and there was no carbon buildup just a light brown glaze. Was on the mini chopper which is another project for the 212. Wiring will be annoying. I’m still trying to find a small battery box.

Update: I finally found out how to adjust the carb (and I feel stupid). The only adjustment screw at the bottom near the fuel lines is what was out of whack. It was unscrewed almost the whole way. No wonder it was running rich. I am also having belt tooth slip for some reason. Feels like mid to high 30's when I tested it out. The engine is running much better but still trying to get it to be smooth throughout the throttle range. I have another problem the middle mount strap keeps breaking or vibrating the bolts off. I've gone through 4 bolts. The last one actually had the head of the bolt broken off. I'm thinking how I could prevent this from happening but maybe I just need a 12.9 1/4 bolt or titanium if I can find one. Don't want the Ebay special China bolts either. Maybe I can make some other mounting points. A plus to this motor is a stock CG exhaust or banana pipe has the same bolt pattern but the port isn't round it's a rectangle. One thing I don't like is how many pulls it takes to get it running. I have to wait till the parts come in to work on it again.

Last edited:
Well with 4 bolts vibrating or shearing off I'm going to get a couple 12.9 1/4 bolts 2.5 long with no threads on the top. Just got back from Florida. It is so flat the subaru wouldn't have any slowing down problems could comfortable cruise at mid to high 20's all day. I saw a go kart at one point. I want to move there into a less populated area now that I've been there. Everything is green and the only brown is the vegetation they do a controlled burn on. Besides people randomly swerving into your lane with no blinker its like living on a tropical island. Everything I had to eat tasted better. Anyways the clone makes alot more vibration but as I predicted it does go faster. I got the fork, shimano brake and the goodyear inner tubes. My question is what tire is best for a 38mm rim or 26 x 2.125? Will a 26 x 2.1 fit the rim well? the rim looks pretty wide compared to the stock. EDIT: I found a chart and it says the smallest recomended size for a 38mm rim is indeed the 26 x 2.1.

Last edited:
After 40 or 50 pulls that gray motor wasn't even trying to start. To avoid complexity and further frustration I've decided to not use the Chinese crap on my bike. Instead I may get a more powerful Japanese 2 stroke compared to the Subaru. I am having belt slip issues under load, possibly a worn spring or belt. I received my rear wheel and front wheel components and they look sweet.

Last edited:
Back