Cool idea (my current bike project)

Company outline

"Husqvarna Zenoah Co., Ltd", we are the leading manufacturer of Outdoor Power Equipment in Japan. Zenoah is a proud member of the Husqvarna group, the world's leading producer of innovative solutions for outdoor power equipments.

Belt slippage it looks like i need a new belt. I'ts getting really bad it goes clunk clunk clunk the whole way up any incline or load. Rode it to work for 2 days but I don't think i'll push my luck until I install a new belt along with the wheels and stuff. Took me 18 minutes to get there today. That's the motor I have been looking at. Can rev higher than the subaru and is 8cc larger. Don't know where the gas tank goes. Someone put one on a friction drive kit and idling it sounded sweet.

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I would never trust the rag sprocket with that short of a chain with the motor torque though. Don't see why a mag wheel mounted sprocket wouldn't work.
If the hole in your sprocket just fits over the protruding part of your hub a rag joint sprocket evenly tightened and held with blue loctite should work just fine.

I
Sorry Will,I am just trying to help with your frustrations. If you remember right off the bat I told you where to get heavy wheels, it was others that said 14’s were good enough. And they may well be if it were quality to be gain with, I don’t understand why yours went like they did, with the smaller engine. I am 77 years old and been there and done all this. Learned on my own, started at age 12 or about, long before internet. The thing is if you don’t learn now you will be flusterated the rest of your life, or give up to early. .............Curt
instead of upgrading spokes why not weld some rebar to the ends of the rim??? Would be cheap and fast.. The rims are steel right, b/c u can’t weld aluminum unless u are really skilled and have xpensive machines....

Re
I

instead of upgrading spokes why not weld some rebar to the ends of the rim??? Would be cheap and fast.. The rims are steel right, b/c u can’t weld aluminum unless u are really skilled and have xpensive machines....
meber also to use beefy bolts for the motor mount. 1/4 is rated for 300lbs, 1/2” rates for 1,400. Remeber it’s AREA so it’s radius SQUARED. Even a lil 5/16 is almost 2x as strong as the 1/4”.... and even a rebar will do as it’s like 20x as strong as a lil 12awg (much bigger area) and u only need one or 2. I tried to change spokes once like last year and it’s a real PITA...

I posted above my wheels they're both 12 gauge since then they've been put on it is starting to frustrate me. The brand new belt has tears near the edge where the backing strip is separating from the teeth. The sh*t chinese velocity stack lever keeps tipping and tries to automatically bog the engine and I have to put tape on it every time. The motor keeps vibrating bolts loose. I do like the subaru but it is annoying going practically walking speed up a hill. Totally unenjoyable not to mention I took the 79cc sidecover off and it IS in time yet wouldn't run no matter how many times I adjusted the rockers. Put gas into spark plug hole, had spark and didn't run. Thinking of getting rid of anything motorized bike related and just get an old enduro or moped and atleast those can be without a doubt legal. Either that or the mini chopper or rupp seems like a worthwhile project. Or I may just get rid of all of it and clear out the garage. I've got 3 1/2 mowers too 2 push mowers and a riding and then a 70's gravely riding frame. When I start these projects I think about it for a while and sometimes I just forget. With the whole CG drama, my neighbor and things not working or draining $$ I've about had it with building stuff. I'm poor as it is and it seems as soon as I buy something something else breaks. I don't mind fixing if it's occasional but I just want something to ride. Vintage Japan is calling me. Might be time to put this hobby out to pasture. I just don't enjoy posting or talking about it now. There's a guy on youtube named goldguy who's my age and kind of an inspiration.

Last edited:
Back