Cool idea (my current bike project)

Will'smotobikes19

Local time
5:19 AM
I have this engine which is a Mitsubishi tle-43 clone (if you compare them they are the same). It is 49cc and has a starter and electrical system. What I was wondering is can this be attached to the GEBE belt drive kit? I know it states the tle43 was compatible. If so it could probably be made legal. The donor bike was a mini chopper with a horn, turn signals, headlight, and both brake light and running light. Very few miles on the engine but it had been sitting. Little to no carbon buildup on the piston. Needs a carb. But if this was behind the seat there would be plenty of room for a battery and other electrical stuff.
5F3A321E-F442-4BAE-807D-D8AEA7711D93.jpeg
B032B8C8-4554-45B6-A0E2-B86155A708CE.jpeg

Which belt drive kit are you looking at?
(I can't help much, but since you invited us over here to look at your post, I thought I'd do my best.)

I believe it’s called the GEBE by Golden Eagle bike engines. The belt drive system is $375 on their website with a 36 spoke sheave.
Sorry, I get so used to typos on this site, I assumed you meant Grubee, and I couldn't find anything there that looked like it would work!

EDIT: OK, so this is it.
And it says
Mount kit with 76mm clutch fits most 76mm clutch, flat-top engines. Including, but not limited to: 35cc Robin/Subaru 4-stroke, 31cc and 35cc Honda 4-stroke, 40cc Komatsu Zenoah/RedMax 2-stroke, 33cc & 40cc Tanaka 2-stroke, 43cc Mitsubishi 2-stroke, …

I can't see any issues if the clutch is the same 76mm...

Last edited:
Your engine is a Mitsubishi TLE clone. It will fit a GEBE belt drive kit, and I just so happen to have one for sale with less than one hour use on it. It also comes with the Velocity 105 G wheel which is a necessity. It is in like new condition. I'll sell it to you for $425 Shipped Free in the USA. If you were to buy it from GEBE it would be $375 for the mount kit and $149 for the wheel.

Update: got a new carb and NGK plug for the engine. It will run now although the choke lever is quite loose. I will also try it on the gebe kit whenever it arrives. I am thinking of using a Schwinn sidewinder for this build. Still can’t post pics from this phone it always says the file is too big.

Update: got a new carb and NGK plug for the engine. It will run now although the choke lever is quite loose. I will also try it on the gebe kit whenever it arrives. I am thinking of using a Schwinn sidewinder for this build. Still can’t post pics from this phone it always says the file is too big.
can you upload them to somewhere like lunapic.com then either change the size and save to your pc or resize then use their url to paste into the
attatch files area?
I had to use some weird workaround like one of the two above one time :(

I will try later but this is getting exciting. A belt drive 49cc 2 stroke with a starter built in. That gives the possibility of registering and the cops wouldn't be able to pull laws from their pants saying I can't ride. I am not good with wiring but I will replace the cheap turn signals and such that were on the mini chopper I won't be putting those on the bike I might use the horn if it works. I don't know about the whole VIN # thing but I'm assuming I'd have to get one made. I know you can probably get a vin made for a regular custom motorcycle but I don't know about a moped. Lets hope I won't have to make a bike frame from scratch just to make a darn bicycle with an engine legal. Another sneaky thing they do is make you prove all the parts were bought by you or whatever. Either way I do think buying an 80's moped would be easier but alot don't have a title.
EF893238-1B70-453B-8692-3A8BF7583A7B.jpeg

Last edited:
Btw does anyone know where I can buy a gas tank to mount on the bottom of this engine^? it had a different type on the mini chopper that mounted on the frame and it would look dumb if I used it. Will an aftermarket Mitsubishi tank work?

Back