Cool idea (my current bike project)

But it would have to be supported by the mag wheel itself if the drive ring had metal tabs and the right type mag wheel maybe could bolt onto the solid spokes and the middle.

No I pedal it it’s not powerful enough to accelerate so I stand up and pedal so the engine picks up rpm. I’ve been doing plenty of pedaling especially up the hills.

It says right on the barcode MADE IN CHINA we all know that’s why they snapped. Oh well now I get to use my original idea on the wheels. Front will be all shimano and suntour.

Well that sucks man, I thought the rim would hold up for a while at least. Guess your clone has 'roids in it's DNA.

Both types of 'roids. The break stuff kind and the pain in the butt kind.

Not so sure about the technical types that were commenting how the 12 gauge spokes aren’t stronger than 14g when there’s more metal there. Something about tension. I’ll see if the bike likes it and get back. Ordered the tires and air filter for the original build idea. Got a lot of reactions the other day from a group of regular cyclists, 2 motorcycles and the guy at ace. But with engines on bicycles there’s always the weakest link.

Sheesh, didn't think the spokes would be that weak! I've never broken a 14g spoke aside from crashing.

I've never run a sheave either, and I pedal hard off the line to reduce stress on engine drivetrain.

Sounds like the spokes were too tight.

Either that or the porous Chinese “iron” steel. I’ve noticed among spelling errors the Chinese refer to what is supposed to be steel as iron. eBay and Amazon need to stop investing in crappy product and stop being greedy. I guess the rotating mass with me sitting on it with the load from the sheave is what did it. I could tell the spokes wouldn’t last when I got the bike.

Back