Cool idea (my current bike project)

oh yeah you gotta get the temp permit first. doh!
Motorcycle Safety Foundation. yes they provide a bike and helmet. gotta sign up for a spot abt 3-4 weeks ahead. $50. they give you a certificate. lots easier than the real test by DMV

Ok got the air filter but what should I do with these wires guys. The one on the left is for killswitch and the one on right is connected to the starter. Can I just attach the battery? Will it hurt to have a battery without lights for now? Which wire is the running and kill wire one is black with a white stripe and one is black.

Ok took it for a first test ride. Figured out how to wire killswitch. Can definitely feel more power on the 2 hills near my house. That being said after having the Subaru this thing stinks and vibrates a ton. Might be some of the aluminum oxide burning off since this motor was sitting. It took several pulls to get it to fire. Throttle doesn’t sound smooth but probably needs tuned. I suspect it needs a new exhaust gasket as I can see oil residue near the exhaust box on the cylinder. 4 strokes are my kinda thing now I guess. Also (update) I ordered the suntour fork, shimano front caliper with resin pads, Goodyear 80% thicker inner tubes, and the front rim. I will have to wait to order the rest for the front wheel and rear wheel.

Last edited:
really clean set-up,, not worried about stuff getting flung at the air filter or is it offset from the tire?

Back