Cool sites

cool article....I've read some of his stuff. He made a coast to coast ride a few years back, in honor of the 1st motor vehicle to cross this great country. IT WAS A MOTOR-BICYCLE! he built a replica. somewhere on the net there's the story of his trip.

I wrote Rif Addams, invited him to the forum, he wrote back today:

Hi Paul!
It is a pleasure to meet a fellow 'Long DistanceMoto-Biker'!!! I thought I was the only one crazy enough to do such adventures... I will certainly go to the forum and do a bit of "bench racing/adventuring".
*chuckle*
Yeah my computer is having issues and I was not able to get back into my page to edit/revise/continue my story.
That's about right though, as I nicknamed Wyoming "the Vortex" Once you get in you can't get out. I was plagued with problems and it took a week to get rolling out of Evanston, WY- Then got lost in the desert with no supplies, gas, or phone. We finally ended up loading up the bike in the support truck and driving to Fort Fred Steele, where I resumed the ride and crossed into Nebraska where I found the BEST riding of my adventure.
In July I will once again be riding across the country on my motor-bicycle.
I am going from Tacoma, WA (my happy home) to Portland, IN for the annual V.M.B.C. (Vintage Moto Bike Club) meet.This is one of the biggest, if not THE biggest, of the Moto-bike meets in the country.
I am in the process of building the bike specificly for long distance *abuse* adventuring.
Thank you for the e-mail- we'll talk more soon,
Rif

sorry, i had to "un-sticky" the thread...feel free to bump it with a "cool site" link anytime ya find one 8)

Ahh, a revived 3 year old topic, you just got to love forums for that ;-}

I don't sell parts and build for locals for the most part but but I do a pretty fair job of documenting what I do with text and pics and post some tutorials and such.

Beside the KC's Builds page with pics of most of my builds I also have a Bike FAQ section with a pretty good sum-up of what is what including performance parts and of course a forum if you want to check it out, the link is in my sig.

Back