cool video

Good video Stan4d. Produced before OSHA :giggle:, but still informative. I want to meet the lady who does the striping. She could show me a thing or two. Mine always ends up .....well, not like hers.

Even more informative were a couple videos following. I liked the Cannondale video where production is being outsourced. Also, the one about automating wheel production was good. I always wondered how wheels were spoked by machine. One thing that surprised me is how the machines have the capability to be so accurate. I don't think my wheels were produced on that machine. :cry:

Have a Stag beer! Ha! I haven't heard of that brand in years....
Very cool movie, Stan4d. Thank you for sharing!
Makes me want to go out and find an old Columbia to convert into an MB now......

Thankyou Stan4d, I really enjoyed that too. @1952 it was a simpler time. Factory work is good. It keeps you in shape mentally and physically. I'm sorry to see the change that is reducing our opportunities to work in factories to the extent that they are almost non-existent. They said thousands of bikes were produced, I guess that's not enough, I imagine now they require hundreds of thousands of bikes to be manufactured in a factory and change is necesary to fulfill this need. Whatever reason, factories gave us opportunities to work and live, the kind of work where your not sitting down all day. There's still plenty of opportunity. Things are more politically correct and stressful. Thanks again.

Yes Wheres my dog, I saw that woman. I watched that twice. She used a good follow-through in her brush technique. Did you see the man spray-painting enamel without mask? In some respects, maybe the good old days weren't that good.

Yes Wheres my dog, I saw that woman. I watched that twice. She used a good follow-through in her brush technique. Did you see the man spray-painting enamel without mask? In some respects, maybe the good old days weren't that good.

Right! I just took a hazcom class, (hazard communication) yeah those poor workers most likely contracted some sort of health issues working with those metals without a mask, especially back then. But my hats off to them, great video for sure.

Thankyou Cruising Dragon. Many of the old-timers were aware of most of the health issues associated with their jobs before the term "hazardous" was coined to describe some materials. Most men's fathers who worked in such environments warned their sons what not to breathe on the job many years before it was made public that a material had potential to cause a health problem. How did they know? Factory work offers many facets of learning.

Back