Correcting transfer angles, bearing upgrade, and case stuffing

Jayraye39

Local time
6:28 AM
So im going to document my attempt at correcting open transfer port angles, bearing replacement, and stuffing the case.

First off I have never attempted to breaking down the entire bottom end. Ive watched people do it and read up on it aswell.

It was kind of discouraging, because most of my research told me it was difficult also said you need special tools like the little gear puller that come with motor kits.

Well I do not own a fancy gear puller. But what I do own is the confidence and problem solving skills required to do the job using only hand tools.

To my suprise the tear down process was very simple. In fact took me about 25min. To get the gears off i used a small tire iron pry bar and a flathead screw driver. Basically i put the pry tool under either side of the gear and put even pressure till they poped off.

This was just step 1 but somehow I think re assymbling is going to be the hard part.lol
20230527_065852.jpg

So im going to document my attempt at correcting open transfer port angles, bearing replacement, and stuffing the case.

First off I have never attempted to breaking down the entire bottom end. Ive watched people do it and read up on it aswell.

It was kind of discouraging, because most of my research told me it was difficult also said you need special tools like the little gear puller that come with motor kits.

Well I do not own a fancy gear puller. But what I do own is the confidence and problem solving skills required to do the job using only hand tools.

To my suprise the tear down process was very simple. In fact took me about 25min. To get the gears off i used a small tire iron pry bar and a flathead screw driver. Basically i put the pry tool under either side of the gear and put even pressure till they poped off.

This was just step 1 but somehow I think re assymbling is going to be the hard part.lolView attachment 192521
Is this the engine off of your new build or a spare?

Is this the engine off of your new build or a spare?
This is a spare I got off someon it said it was a pk80. It has the old lmn 40 crank 40mm stroke hybrid. Im also gonna case match. Just waiting on a new jug and piston the guy before me didnt clean the jug castings inside and the whole top end is scored deeply inside

I corrected the transfer port angles and the motor shows no noticeable improvement what so ever. To me its a mod that really isnt needed. just grind directional ramps on your piston crown. that works mutch better

Back