couple of(hopefully) minor probs

D

dzdaz

OK, The first prob I seem to be having is the rpms of the engine keep pushing the bike after i let off the throttle. Kinda like an unwanted cruise control. It eventually slows down when the idle drops down or I hit the brakes. THe second prob is that after I have ran the engine for a while and i am coasting the rpms sometimes seem to drop to barely running and it stalls out sometimes. It does this with the clutch in and out. I'm thinking this second prob might be an air leak somewhere. But I did get caught riding it in the rain far a little while. If water could have gotten into my gas line, what kinda problems would this create? THe engine still seems to run relatively good. I just don't like having to constantly reach down and mess with the choke and idle screw to adjust the rpms to either slow it down or keep it running. Anyone got any ideas?

kinda sounds like your throttle is sticking. Either the cable or the brass slide inside your carb. Check your cable routing for spots it might be binding.

Could be an.................

Sounds to me like an air intake leak. A fresh air leak on the intake side will cause exactly what you are saying. If you have an air leak..You better fix it and fast . A fresh air leak will cause a lean condition and burn up your motor in no time at all. So..Better check and see if that is your problem.. Thank..enjoy the ride..

yup

i just looked at my intake and there's a chunk of the gasket missing. I'll have to go get some permatex and get it done up right with that cereal box idea. Anyone know if it's possible to maket the gasket out of slightly thicker cardboard?

As long as you don't use corrogated cardboard you are fine.
You can also use perfectly good gasket paper from an autoparts store.

Back