Couple things..

Jferdi03

Local time
7:40 PM
I put the new top end on my BT-100, it started and got me around the block and then it died and lost compression completely. One of the head bolts got over tightened and won't torque down, thats the only issue I can immediately identify. Whats the chance this is the cause? It's pretty much a new motor, I'm getting fed up but want it working as a spare.

Secondly, to test my bt100 I took my zeda80 off my cruiser. When I put it back on and started it up it bent into my spokes and broke some. Now I'm not on the road until I get new wheels or a bike. I'm going with a spring chain tensioner next. I was going for a zeda roller but I just saw a cheap 27.5" mtb at Walmart with front disc brakes I think I'm opting for instead. I want suspension for off roading.
Are the spring chain tensioners with a sprocket instead of wheel any good?
Any reason to not go with the 27.5"?
How many miles can I expect to put on this zeda 80 before it quits? I've gone through a few motors very quickly, this one is the first to even last 200 KM. It seems to run strong. Just don't want to invest more into this hobby and need another motor anytime soon.

Is there enough path for the chain to run with no slack adjuster? It's less stuff to wear out or break.
I can't seem to get the chain tight enough without a tensioner. Maybe if I had a half link I could, not sure

By moving the engine up on the seat post, you can eliminate the tensioner. You might have to fabricate a front mount or use a spacer.

I just made this one to get rid of the tensioner.

I installed the last build of mine with the top part of muffler clamp too. So I also had some pieces of metal that I cut a down and drill holes in and slid on top of the clamp then motor. I can’t weld so I did mine that way. Now I wish I would of taken some pictures of it. It also work out with no tensioner. I stole your idea some time ago chainlube on using muffler clamps….lol

So basically connect the chain then remove my mount and push the engine up higher? Never thought of that. Hopefully I can get a couple bolts long enough to reach for the bottom mount without having to rig anything up.

Can I run with no spacer in the front? Just long bolts to the metal bracket and tighten those down after the back is tight? If I need a spacer I have some extras of the ones that mount on the back. Maybe one of those could work

Back