Cover on electrical stuff

D

davidsis

I put a good bead of silicon stuff like around this cover and got rid of that paper gasket that came with it. What do you guys think?
72_cover_1.jpg

72_blue_stuff_1.jpg

cool...take care to not squeeze it all out when u tighten it down, let it "cure" a bit, then tighten it a smidge more, that'll work great.

i'd put a bit in the rubber grommet too, just to be sure.

(can i have a slice of that pizza?)

I do not think that is a good idea. IF any moisture gets in there, it will be trapped, and eventually ruin your mag. If anything, you should drill a very tiny hole at the lowest part of the cover to provide a vent to keep the zone dry just in case anyting ever gets in there. Enjoy the ride....Sincerely..Duane at thatsdax ...

the mag cover comes with a gasket (to keep water out). I believe a better gasket, ie. the rtv silicone, is a good idea. a drain hole might allow moisture in. I vote ....seal it tight!

again, imo...seal it tight is the right idea, but condensation could be a real threat, as duane sed...a 1/16" hole at the very lowest point wouldn't really let anything in, but would allow for the heat of the engine to keep the compartment totally dry.

Hole

Maybe I could put a hole in it and if I ever had to ride it in the rained I could plug the hole

a teeny-tiny hole at the bottom wouldn't need to be plugged & would be a benefit, if ya sealed everything else up tight.

well I can tell you if there is rain that gets in there its toast im ordering my second aftermarket repllacement id suggest totally sealing the bad boy as the rain will be deeper than moisture I did have it sealed totally this last time 4 months no moisture..took the cover off about a week ago it filled with water case part of the gasket..in the bottom rear.. came out1/16" id say and out went the magneto now i'm waiting for Duane to get me one here hey good price too 15..88 or so shoot I am going to tear one of these appart and start rewrapping them though I just don't have a uHenry reader for the new one yet but I will rewrap those rain tatered bad boys for spares. Thats my eye on the pie.

Back