Crack in Cylinder?

Sumsloppymeet

Local time
9:00 AM
can i cut one of these flanges or whatever their called off and still uuse the cylinder if i cracked it ? the red lines show where it cracked its onnly on one side of the cylinder?

Attachments

• Annotation 2018-11-15 031214.jpg
    Annotation 2018-11-15 031214.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 117
i wouldn't it will cause piston slap and cause more damage replace it

i already did kinda anyways it was my dio reed cylinder ive got two blocks and reed setups just need a cylinders fins cut to fit it im thinnking about trying to do it with my angle grinder enless someone knows a better method they cut them

i already did kinda anyways it was my dio reed cylinder ive got two blocks and reed setups just need a cylinders fins cut to fit it im thinnking about trying to do it with my angle grinder enless someone knows a better method they cut them
They are normaly cut with an end mill,having the surface flat and true is important so that the block (adaptor) doesn't leak air.That's the biggest issue with this setup,The screws top and bottom that go into the block like gasbike or cdh does are not needed and cause more issue than they solve.

i feel pretty confident in my abilities but just for s**ts and giggles ive got a totally scared beyond use old cylinder im gonna do a test run on first to just kinda feel it out i think i can do it. I was also planning on possibly using one of these if itll help me with accuracy

Attachments

• Universal-Grinder-Accessories-Angle-Grinder-Holder-Woodworking-Tool-DIY-Cut-Stand-Grinder-Supp...jpg
    Universal-Grinder-Accessories-Angle-Grinder-Holder-Woodworking-Tool-DIY-Cut-Stand-Grinder-Supp...jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 89
Well it still seems to run okay so I'm assuming that it must be getting air-cooled quicker LOL

They are normaly cut with an end mill,having the surface flat and true is important so that the block (adaptor) doesn't leak air.That's the biggest issue with this setup,The screws top and bottom that go into the block like gasbike or cdh does are not needed and cause more issue than they solve.

I had one that was chip off came straight from Gazbikes.net thought I was gyp but believe ran ok for 1600 or 2000 miles then the whole cylinder cave in.

Back